E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Reputable Indy shop in sj

05-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
shazzy04
Lieutenant Colonel
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '15 F22 M235i

Reputable Indy shop in sj

Can anyone point me in the direction of a reasonable and reputable shop? My e90 is nearing 115k miles and I just want to get everything checked out.

Thanks a lot

Wali

Mods coming soon
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
eogintz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi coupe

Shazzy 04,

Where exactly in South Jersey?

Might be a bit far for you but in Bimmer.org there are quite a few recommendations for a place called City Auto Center in Hightstown (exit 8 NJ Tpke.)

I live near them but have not yet used them since my car is still under CPO warranty. Not a fancy place but every time I pass by there are loads of BMW, Audi and Mercedes vehicles there. Everyone seems to say that the owner is really honest and good with BMW's at a reasonable price. In fact I think that he owns an M5 himself. Check out the comments on bimmer.org.. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
Cir14
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 11 328xi M-Sport Sedan

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115224

All Forum approved shops
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
shazzy04
Lieutenant Colonel
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eogintz
Shazzy 04,

Might be a bit far for you but in Bimmer.org there are quite a few recommendations for a place called City Auto Center in Hightstown (exit 8 NJ Tpke.)

I live near them but have not yet used them since my car is still under CPO warranty. Not a fancy place but every time I pass by there are loads of BMW, Audi and Mercedes vehicles there. Everyone seems to say that the owner is really honest and good with BMW's at a reasonable price. In fact I think that he owns an M5 himself. Check out the comments on bimmer.org.. Good luck!
Thanks alot ill check them out

Exit 5 btw in Burlington county

Mods coming soon
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
shazzy04
Lieutenant Colonel
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cir14
Thanks, I was just wondering if there were any anyone else specifically recommended

Mods coming soon
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 09:28 AM   #6
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by eogintz View Post
Shazzy 04,

Really? I cut through H-town every night to go home. Wonder if we ever cross paths.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #7
eogintz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi coupe

Hey Tommy,

I lived in East Windsor for over 20 years and used many of the Hightstown businesses. Now that I am retired I moved to Monroe which is just about 5 miles from where I lived in East Windsor. I still go into East Windsor/Hightstown quite a bit and have really heard very good things about the owner of this shop. You should read the comments on www. bimmer.org...

BTW- I met you at Coleman a couple of weeks ago when I brought my red coupe in with all of the paint chips on the hood. Believe it or not, since I am retired, I actually spent two days to touch up these chips with wet sanding, polishing, etc... When it was looking pretty good, I had a guy named Reno install a full hood and partial fender clear bra. A body shop guy recommended that I try this approach and I am pretty good and patient with touch up work. The clear film did actually hide some of the filled in chips and evened out the overall look of the hood. Reno is a super nice guy who does outstanding clear film work and he even came to my house on a Saturday to do my job. I know that this was not ideal but did not want to spend the cash for a repaint and then a clear bra since I don't really know how long I will be keeping this car. Overall I am pretty satisfied with these results.

I am sure that I will see you again at Coleman for some additional work. Don't know if you would remember me but my name is Ed. Not much to do in Hightstown but this City Auto Center shop has a great reputation with German cars.
Appreciate 0