E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > LED HALO's, need replacements

11-21-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
CWysong
tuned n dropped 335xi
Rep
Drives: '09 335i Xdrive e90

LED HALO's, need replacements

I have gone through a few Halo's for my e90 without much success...

BMS halos' for 129, did ok but not bright enoguh.

Replaced with Lux 2, or 3 or something. Brighter but flickered, and expensive.

In the summer I upgraded again to DTEC LED and these were great! Gave crisp lines, even the outer circle was bright and visible. I really liked these. Did not flicker like lux either.

Until now. I assumed at first it was the temperature making them flicker at first. Now one is completely off and not working, so maybe it was more than the cold. But at 4 months old they dont work.

So, from here where do I go? I woud really just like to get a warranty replacement as they are 4 months old. But that seems less and less likely every day (vendor communication issues).

What is the top version now? Brightest, no flicker, and the e90 has its outside ring issue to consider. These DTEC really seemed to work great at first, and I am dissapointed to see them go out so quickly. Give them another chance or move on to something newer?
      11-24-2014, 09:09 AM   #2
CWysong
tuned n dropped 335xi
Rep
Drives: '09 335i Xdrive e90

Anyone happen to know the manufacturer or how to contact them on these DTEC lights?

I am probably SOL with these. Thanks all of you for suggestions! I will be looking into getting new ones, and maybe on black friday?!