F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW's "New Class" May Include 6 Series Coupe & Supercar (interview / BMW CTO)
ARMA SPEED

02-01-2022, 06:54 PM   #23
..Rush..
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E88

Yep
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 10:37 PM   #24
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerx5 View Post
Should have never gotten rid of the 6 series to be begin with…
Yeah, some idiots at BMW thought that is a good idea to call it 8 and slap a double price on it…
Appreciate 2
mikerx5461.00
KoenG1428.50
      02-01-2022, 10:58 PM   #25
ghaffari46
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 e90

Please make next gen i8 with 600-700 hp already, I don't care it would be ICE, hybrid or EV, just make something to worth looking at!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 12:38 AM   #26
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerx5 View Post
Should have never gotten rid of the 6 series to be begin with…
Yeah, some idiots at BMW thought that is a good idea to call it 8 and slap a double price on it…
New 6 series still exists, mostly in Asian and Middle East markets. 8 series is not really a replacement but a level higher
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 04:44 AM   #27
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzzze View Post
New 6 series still exists, mostly in Asian and Middle East markets. 8 series is not really a replacement but a level higher
Nope. The 8 replaced the 6 with a higher price. Of course is a little bit better and improved as they are different generations.
In fact 6 was bigger and better in terms of comfort.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2018/03/12/b...stomer-demand/
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-02-2022, 04:30 PM   #28
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Quote:
Nope. The 8 replaced the 6 with a higher price. Of course is a little bit better and improved as they are different generations.
In fact 6 was bigger and better in terms of comfort.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2018/03/12/b...stomer-demand/
MY2022 6 series attached
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 08:46 PM   #29
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

Quote:

Name:  6-----------------.PNG
Views: 500
Size:  429.6 KB
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 08:24 AM   #30
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
MY2022 6 series attached
The comment (mine and previous one) was reffering to the true 6 not the GT fastback version which nobody likes and which is not the real 6.

The F06, F12 and F13 are the real 6 and predecessor of the 8 today.

I can also see that you have ignored my link. Read it and find out why the 6 was rebranded as 8.

GT has nothing to do with the 6 except an idiotic nomenclatue that confused everybody. But the cars are very different as what you posted is actually a 5 Series chassis ( the previous Gt was called 5 GT).
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 12:23 PM   #31
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
The comment (mine and previous one) was reffering to the true 6 not the GT fastback version which nobody likes and which is not the real 6.

The F06, F12 and F13 are the real 6 and predecessor of the 8 today.

I can also see that you have ignored my link. Read it and find out why the 6 was rebranded as 8.

GT has nothing to do with the 6 except an idiotic nomenclatue that confused everybody. But the cars are very different as what you posted is actually a 5 Series chassis ( the previous Gt was called 5 GT).
Actually both the 5GT and 6GT are closer to the 7 series of the time. Their track widths and wheel options are the same as the 7s for example. I think I recall the suspension was 7 at the front and 5 series touring at the rear (with air) but that might only be for one generation, not 100% sure on that.

I do agree that the 8 is definitely the replacement for the 6 and it'd be rather funny if history repeated itself.

E24 6 changed to E31 8 which was a lot more expensive and got cancelled.

Then we had the E63 and F13 6 series cars replaced by the G15 8 series with an increase in price again.

I agree with some of the comments here (and in the various model specific forums) that the 8 coupe is smaller than the 6 coupe in usable interior space as the rear seats are much less usable than in the 6 while at the same time the 4 coupe became bigger and the interiors are much closer too in the G generation than they were in the F.

For anyone saying the next 6 or 8 will be a 911 fighter or a super car or whatever - I highly doubt it as the coupes are always based on a saloon 3 or 5 series.

If the 4 and 8 both die and a new single one is made I wonder if it will infact be next gen 3 series based but still with an S68 option. That'd be an interesting vehicle for me to consider.
      02-05-2022, 06:53 PM   #32
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

When I read this, I have the impression they have lost direction and purpose. They desperately are following the market and the money and get confused on their priorities.

Chinese electronics and entertainment is something I certainly don't want in my next BMW, like wide monster screens for the passengers and integrated game consoles!? I don't want them in my next car, even when it's for free (which it isn't).

I don't believe they care about their social media acceptance since they design every new BMW to provoke and polarize. When 20% is accepting, that's more than enough (qoute of Adrian Van Hooydonck).
Appreciate 1
Teutonic2709.00
      02-05-2022, 07:04 PM   #33
vooheese
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F20-120i

very interesting!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 01:46 AM   #34
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
When I read this, I have the impression they have lost direction and purpose. They desperately are following the market and the money and get confused on their priorities.

Chinese electronics and entertainment is something I certainly don't want in my next BMW, like wide monster screens for the passengers and integrated game consoles!? I don't want them in my next car, even when it's for free (which it isn't).

I don't believe they care about their social media acceptance since they design every new BMW to provoke and polarize. When 20% is accepting, that's more than enough (qoute of Adrian Van Hooydonck).
I am sharing the same feelings, and honestly, somehow, the fact that BMW took a such radical direction in interior and exterior design scares me as very few cars in the line up today align with my perception of beautiful… Hence not sure if I will be a BMW customer in the future.
I own 3 bimmers right now and plan to keep them as long as possible.
Appreciate 1
KoenG1428.50
      02-07-2022, 03:39 PM   #35
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
I am sharing the same feelings, and honestly, somehow, the fact that BMW took a such radical direction in interior and exterior design scares me as very few cars in the line up today align with my perception of beautiful… Hence not sure if I will be a BMW customer in the future.
I own 3 bimmers right now and plan to keep them as long as possible.
I find it frustrating that they type their doubtful design direction as being progressive. Putting a fugly gril on a further dull styled car, doesn't render it progressive all of a sudden. It's just bad design made even worse. But they are proud on it, and when your opinion differs, you're conservative.

My next company car will probably be a MB or even an Audi, after 10 BMW's in a row. Just because I get fed up with the arrogance of the BMW designers and the lack of purpose in most of their new cars (the XM monstrosity, what on earth are they thinking or FWD on their 1 and 2 series, the grill, the casting towards dragon ball Z fans, the "boomer" incident, etc...).

On the other hand, I still love to drive my e39 530i and also the X3 has a vehicle dynamics that probably no other in this segment can match. It's the continued stream of provocations towards their fans however, I can't digest.

I don't want to be married with a woman that slabs me in the face and makes me feel like a retard fool on every occasion while making my head spin with her promises of hot sex. I'am not that desperate. ;-)
Appreciate 0