F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > ~*~*~*~ 2014 NBA Playoffs: Road to the Championship ~*~*~*~
ARMA SPEED

04-30-2014, 10:00 AM   #265
cjackson1906
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 GC & 2019 M5C

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Full disclosure: I'm a Lakers fan and have been since I was 4 yrs old (I'm 43), which is why I've been quiet this season. Having said that, Media Artist is right to be worried about Memphis and I'm not saying that b/c I feel that there's only one team in L.A. and it ain't the Clips! All jokes aside, Media hit it on the head by noting Memphis' inside presence. The Clips should win the series but only b/c they have the superior bench (Collison, Crawford and Davis - although Davis should be referred to as Fat Bastard from here on out). Any sort of foul trouble or injury puts Memphis in a bad spot w/o many viable options. The one positive for Memphis is that Mike Miller looks like he's pretty healthy and the Clips can't just double team Gasol and Randolph. The Clips will force Tony Allen to prove he can make shots and that's no bueno for the Grizz. Tony Allen is at his best when all he has to do is think about defense. When he has to think about making shots and checking Chris Paul, Crawford or running around 50 screens for Redick, he almost becomes a liability.
      04-30-2014, 10:15 AM   #266
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackson1906 View Post
Full disclosure: I'm a Lakers fan and have been since I was 4 yrs old (I'm 43), which is why I've been quiet this season. Having said that, Media Artist is right to be worried about Memphis and I'm not saying that b/c I feel that there's only one team in L.A. and it ain't the Clips! All jokes aside, Media hit it on the head by noting Memphis' inside presence. The Clips should win the series but only b/c they have the superior bench (Collison, Crawford and Davis - although Davis should be referred to as Fat Bastard from here on out). Any sort of foul trouble or injury puts Memphis in a bad spot w/o many viable options. The one positive for Memphis is that Mike Miller looks like he's pretty healthy and the Clips can't just double team Gasol and Randolph. The Clips will force Tony Allen to prove he can make shots and that's no bueno for the Grizz. Tony Allen is at his best when all he has to do is think about defense. When he has to think about making shots and checking Chris Paul, Crawford or running around 50 screens for Redick, he almost becomes a liability.
I have a friend just like you. Die hard LakeShow fan (so am I), but he can't root for the Clippers for nothing. He basically trashes Blake and CP3, doesn't want them to go far.

I've always been a guy who supports all the local teams. I don't even like Hockey but I hope the LA Kings pull off the historic comeback vs the Sharks. I'll root for the Angels and Dodgers all day long too.

Anyway, Lakeshow will be back big next season. Super low 1st round draft pick (potentially #1-2 pick, wouldn't that be ridiculous?), and at least one huge free agent signing. I think LakeShow will be back to contention next year for sure, but I think D'Antoni is gone...

p.s - Every time Davis hits a shot, my son yells "Fat power!" Cracks me up.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 10:28 AM   #267
rsr552
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

I thought it was confirmed that D'Antoni is coming back for next season? (Also a Laker fan...but i honestly like teh Clippers and I like Blake Griffin's game especially now that he is a legit threat in the post).
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 10:36 AM   #268
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsr552 View Post
I thought it was confirmed that D'Antoni is coming back for next season? (Also a Laker fan...but i honestly like teh Clippers and I like Blake Griffin's game especially now that he is a legit threat in the post).
I don't understand Kupchak. Kobe doesn't want D'Antoni. Gasol doesn't want him. No one on the squad likes the way he coaches. That being said, I don't know of any coaches on the open market who I could see doing better.

With D'Antoni we're going to get another no defense, offensive oriented playing style that ignores the half court game. If D'Antoni comes back, let's get ready for another sub-40 win season.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 11:08 AM   #269
Clippers_FTW
Private
Rep
Drives: CTS-V

I have all the confidence in the would for our guys. If we dont have to run behind the screen chasing 3 point shooters all game we'll be in pretty good shape. Curry shoots out of his damn mind. Memphis is a below average 3 point shooting team. Blake will get zbo in foul trouble. If blake gets in trouble we have big baby to back him up. big baby's body banging against zbo's body should be something fun to look at lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 11:08 AM   #270
Clippers_FTW
Private
Rep

Plus.. In the past (becaue of Gasol's shooting) Blake griffin guards him. DJ will block zbo's shots all night long.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 11:24 AM   #271
rsr552
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
I don't understand Kupchak. Kobe doesn't want D'Antoni. Gasol doesn't want him. No one on the squad likes the way he coaches. That being said, I don't know of any coaches on the open market who I could see doing better.

With D'Antoni we're going to get another no defense, offensive oriented playing style that ignores the half court game. If D'Antoni comes back, let's get ready for another sub-40 win season.
That may be true....But either I'd rather take a chance on another coach than see the same old D'Antoni on the bench...

It's not that he isnt a good coach...It's the fact that he doesn't tweak is schemes is what bothers me...As a coach...you should ADJUST to the personel that you have...If your team isn't built how your scheme is intended to run...You will not succeed point blank. Gotta utilize your resources!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 11:30 AM   #272
Clippers_FTW
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsr552 View Post
That may be true....But either I'd rather take a chance on another coach than see the same old D'Antoni on the bench...

It's not that he isnt a good coach...It's the fact that he doesn't tweak is schemes is what bothers me...As a coach...you should ADJUST to the personel that you have...If your team isn't built how your scheme is intended to run...You will not succeed point blank. Gotta utilize your resources!
Will George Karl be avail? He would be a major upgrade... heard Mark Jackass is on the hot seat in Golden State.. but I'm sure he'd rather get his 8 hours of sleep than coach.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 11:35 AM   #273
rsr552
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippers_FTW View Post
Will George Karl be avail? He would be a major upgrade... heard Mark Jackass is on the hot seat in Golden State.. but I'm sure he'd rather get his 8 hours of sleep than coach.
Lol i think George Karl would be a good replacement.

Imo Clippers vs Heat in the Finals just saying.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 11:46 AM   #274
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW e92

all of you cali guys need to get real, the clippers are not getting to the finals and if they do they will be dispatched by the heat, they cannot beat miami in a best of 7 series. Plus for sure they are not getting past memphis (when they beat okc)
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 12:16 PM   #275
Efini
Silent Service
Rep
Drives: BMW

he also said clippers would have a new owner by round 2 lol saw it in an above post lol that takes awhile kid
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 12:18 PM   #276
Efini
Silent Service
Rep

Quote:
Clippers will rally together with their fans and make it past the 1st round. By 2nd round hopefully we have a new owners Sterling is gone. No NBA owner is going to sid with a racist . Everyone will be on board to kick Sterling out otherwise they will be labeld a racist lover. Sterling will sell the team making at least 1/2 a billion dollars. Sterling wins because he makes money(which sucks but it is what it is). Clippers and fans win because they dont have racist owner holding them back. Sterling's gf loses because she illegally recorded him and used his voice, along with being sewed for embezzlemnt.. hope she burns. ... is that mean?
have new owners by second round lol this kid
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 12:18 PM   #277
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Actually I forgot about Karl. I think Karl would fit in nicely with the LakeShow.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 12:21 PM   #278
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSprm69 View Post
all of you cali guys need to get real, the clippers are not getting to the finals and if they do they will be dispatched by the heat, they cannot beat miami in a best of 7 series. Plus for sure they are not getting past memphis (when they beat okc)
Ha. If Brooklyn gets past the Raptors, Paul Pierce will arrive in South Beach and start giving Lebron nightmares like he did from 2008 to 2010 when Paul chased Lebron out of Cleveland.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 12:28 PM   #279
Efini
Silent Service
Rep

D'antoni again....pleeeeeease nooooooo!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 12:30 PM   #280
Efini
Silent Service
Rep

On a side note..everyone has to agree on one thing! Best playoffs, 1st round, we have seen!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 12:37 PM   #281
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efini View Post
On a side note..everyone has to agree on one thing! Best playoffs, 1st round, we have seen!
I think much better than 2013 for sure where both LA teams got whacked in the 1st round.

Also I called it way back before the 1st round started.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=33

Quote:

To be honest, I'm calling an upset somewhere in the East bracket. The top 2 seeds played like total doo doo in March and part of April.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 03:32 PM   #282
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW e92

Quote:
Ha. If Brooklyn gets past the Raptors, Paul Pierce will arrive in South Beach and start giving Lebron nightmares like he did from 2008 to 2010 when Paul chased Lebron out of Cleveland.
he certainly hasn't chased him out of miami in the past 4 playoffs tho

nets advance to the 2nd round to see miami and they will be sent home. Guaranteed.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 03:38 PM   #283
rsr552
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSprm69 View Post
he certainly hasn't chased him out of miami in the past 4 playoffs tho

nets advance to the 2nd round to see miami and they will be sent home. Guaranteed.
I agree with that sadly....I see no team giving Miami a run for its money this year in the east....Also since they sweeped Charlotte they have time to rest...which is good for Wade
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 03:42 PM   #284
cjackson1906
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 GC & 2019 M5C

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
I have a friend just like you. Die hard LakeShow fan (so am I), but he can't root for the Clippers for nothing. He basically trashes Blake and CP3, doesn't want them to go far.

I've always been a guy who supports all the local teams. I don't even like Hockey but I hope the LA Kings pull off the historic comeback vs the Sharks. I'll root for the Angels and Dodgers all day long too.

Anyway, Lakeshow will be back big next season. Super low 1st round draft pick (potentially #1-2 pick, wouldn't that be ridiculous?), and at least one huge free agent signing. I think LakeShow will be back to contention next year for sure, but I think D'Antoni is gone...

p.s - Every time Davis hits a shot, my son yells "Fat power!" Cracks me up.

I'm a fan of your son already! He calls it like he sees it... I don't really hate the Clips, but I just try not to acknowledge their presence in public...kind of like an imaginary friend. I'm a little bitter that CP3 is wearing a Clips uniform and not the purple and gold thanks to Stern. I also don't really like Doc Rivers b/c he coached Boston and is looking a little clueless in this whole Donald Sterling mess. I mean, he's not going to take Sterling's calls or request for a mtg (I get that), but you're going to play nice with his wife who was Sterling's partner at worst and an accomplice at best in Sterling's racial profiling and racist landlord activities?!

Unfortunately, D'Antoni will be back next year & it's a damn shame. I don't think he's a bad guy, but he's one of those coaches that has his style/system and can't adjust to the talent on his roster. The NBA is not like college where you can recruit the talent that fits your system. Sometimes you're stuck w/what's on your roster, but that's why you get paid the big bucks. You have to be flexible and creative, at least on offense, but you can be rigid and demanding on defense. Anybody that watches the Lakers knows defense and D'Antoni have never been friends. I'm hoping for a Kevin Love signing soon and OKC doing something stupid like looking to trade Westbrook...both UCLA guys returning home!
      04-30-2014, 03:46 PM   #285
rsr552
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackson1906 View Post
I'm a fan of your son already! He calls it like he sees it... I don't really hate the Clips, but I just try not to acknowledge their presence in public...kind of like an imaginary friend. I'm a little bitter that CP3 is wearing a Clips uniform and not the purple and gold thanks to Stern. I also don't really like Doc Rivers b/c he coached Boston and is looking a little clueless in this whole Donald Sterling mess. I mean, he's not going to take Sterling's calls or request for a mtg (I get that), but you're going to play nice with his wife who was Sterling's partner at worst and an accomplice at best in Sterling's racial profiling and racist landlord activities?!

Unfortunately, D'Antoni will be back next year & it's a damn shame. I don't think he's a bad guy, but he's one of those coaches that has his style/system and can't adjust to the talent on his roster. The NBA is not like college where you can recruit the talent that fits your system. Sometimes you're stuck w/what's on your roster, but that's why you get paid the big bucks. You have to be flexible and creative, at least on offense, but you can be rigid and demanding on defense. Anybody that watches the Lakers knows defense and D'Antoni have never been friends. I'm hoping for a Kevin Love signing soon and OKC doing something stupid like looking to trade Westbrook...both UCLA guys returning home!
Now Westbrook to Lakers.....now that....is an idea...

Westbrook + another free agent (Melo? Love?) + Kobe + Pau would be boss. Of course...even if that did occur...it would be meaningless if D'Antoni is still there lol
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 03:54 PM   #286
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Westbrook, Kobe, Dante Exum (maybe Jabari Parker!), Pau, and some good free agent signing would be great.

Guys we need to resign; Swaggy P, and Jordan Hill. Damn we need Jordan Hill, he's the only guy who played any real defense last year for the LakeShow.
Appreciate 0