2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Marketplace Owner's Marketplace - F10/F11 Classifieds Fs- pre-lci m-sport paddled steering wheel

03-31-2024, 09:37 PM   #1
95blkmax
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 535 M-Sport

Fs- pre-lci m-sport paddled steering wheel

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
$230.00 ships this steering wheel via FedEx to the 48-state continental USA. I accept Paypal or Zelle only

I upgraded my steering wheel to an LCI M-sport. I know there's plenty F10s out there without paddles on their steering wheel that would want to upgrade to paddles. So here is mine, in great condition. I share some close up of the normal wear and tear so you see what you're getting.

NOTES-PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING-
1- I have the M-sport pre-LCI airbag obviously, but that is pricey to ship due to it being classified as a "dangerous good" (the inflator is a pressurized "boom-maker"). Let me know if you want it and I can get a quote from Fedex when I ship out the steering wheel. I would want $120 for it plus whatever Fedex quotes me to get it to the buyer. I think that's very fair (eBay starts these at $180+ shipping). I am presently not selling the airbag "openly"- I'm holding it for the future buyer of the wheel so they have first dibbs at it if they want it. If buyer does not want it, I will list the airbag separately at a more market-compatitive price).
2- This came from my M-sport pre-LCI F10 (2011). This WILL NOT work with a non-M-Sport airbag. They look similar, but THEY ARE DIFFERENT SIZES AND IT WILL NOT FIT. So, if you have a non-M-Sport, to make this steering wheel work, you will need a pre-LCI F10 M-sport airbag (see note 1 as my option to you). If yours is an M-Sport wheel and you just don't have the paddles on your steering wheel, then this steering wheel is all you need as your airbag will swap over
3- Once installed, in order for the paddles to work, you have to let the car know that it now has these paddles. You do that via coding. It takes MAYBE 2 minutes to do on Bimmercode. It's a simple select the checkbox, click Code, and 10-20 seconds later it's done. You can also use other coding software such as Carista or Carly to do this same thing. If you don't have one of these, you can have a coder remote into your car and do it for you (but you will need to supply a wifi-connected laptop and an OBD2-to-ethernet cable to connect your laptop to the car).
4- Lastly, just a general reminder to you all- anytime you are handling an airbag, ESPECIALLY if you're going to disconnected/ reconnect it... you MUST disconnect the battery. Do yourself and your loved ones a favor, airbags can be dangerous if they have voltage running through them. It IS WORTH IT to take the time to disconnect the car's battery before doing this. No different than changing an electric outlet in your house- can it be changed without shutting its breaker... yes... is the time saved worth the risk of having 120v going through you... absolutely not, lol. If you're holding the airbag and it goes off, imagine what will be left of you hand? lol... again, disconnect the battery and your hands will appreciate you

Here are the pics!

Last edited by 95blkmax; 04-01-2024 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: clarification on airbag sale to note1
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 09:52 AM   #2
poverty.f10
DIY Mechanic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 535i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95blkmax View Post
$230.00 ships this steering wheel via FedEx to the 48-state continental USA. I accept Paypal or Zelle only

I upgraded my steering wheel to an LCI M-sport. I know there's plenty F10s out there without paddles on their steering wheel that would want to upgrade to paddles. So here is mine, in great condition. I share some close up of the normal wear and tear so you see what you're getting.

NOTES-PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING-
1- I have the M-sport pre-LCI airbag obviously, but that is pricey to ship due to it being classified as a "dangerous good" (the inflator is a pressurized "boom-maker"). Let me know if you want it and I can get a quote from Fedex when I ship out the steering wheel. I would want $120 for it plus whatever Fedex quotes me to get it to the buyer. I think that's very fair (eBay starts these at $180+ shipping).
2- This came from my M-sport pre-LCI F10 (2011). This WILL NOT work with a non-M-Sport airbag. They look similar, but THEY ARE DIFFERENT SIZES AND IT WILL NOT FIT. So, if you have a non-M-Sport, to make this steering wheel work, you will need a pre-LCI F10 M-sport airbag (see note 1 as my option to you). If yours is an M-Sport wheel and you just don't have the paddles on your steering wheel, then this steering wheel is all you need as your airbag will swap over
3- Once installed, in order for the paddles to work, you have to let the car know that it now has these paddles. You do that via coding. It takes MAYBE 2 minutes to do on Bimmercode. It's a simple select the checkbox, click Code, and 10-20 seconds later [...]
$230 for a wheel without the airbag is a bit much. I got my pre lci sport wheel with the airbag for close to the same price shipped. Not much of a difference other than the m sport trim on the bottom…
Attached Images

04-01-2024, 04:13 PM   #3
95blkmax
Captain
Rep

[QUOTE=poverty.f10;31035602]$230 for a wheel without the airbag is a bit much. I got my pre lci sport wheel with the airbag for close to the same price shipped. Not much of a difference other than the m sport trim on the bottom…
[/Q] . It is marked as Or Best Offer, and Im in no rush to sell it. Anyone makes me a reasonable offer I'll consider it.
      04-12-2024, 08:05 AM   #4
95blkmax
Captain
Rep

BUMP! reminder that this is Or Best Offer. Have an awesome weekend