E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > You might want to click this

05-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #45
Clap135
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 N54

I am just happy that another one see the light. Best way to judge something is to simply try it yourself. Problem is that people think im full of shit or vendor bashing when i tell them HOW IT IS.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #46
dzenno
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap135 View Post
um dzenno knew I posted them, i didnt reveal who the logs came from. No clue whats "not cool" about logs.
found out after you posted them lol but its ok, nothing to hide really, just don't want no one thinking i'm switching out procede for cobb at this time...cobb isn't ready to run at the strip yet as its low boost...procede will get the chance in the car first

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 View Post
nothing special
lol well, not really, it just works as it should! no drama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brey335i View Post
So you're running $1500+ worth of tunes right now then? :

Are you gonna stay with the COBB or make up your mind later?
need procede for high boost but i'm holding on to cobb for now as I'm just totally mesmerized by these runs lol
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #47
possible335i2008
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap135 View Post
I don't think anyone is more anxious then me. They better make it free though or else Ill show my unbiased ways and bitch about cobb next
With the BMW tax already on this unit I am not willing to think the atr will be free hopefully it wont need to be tuned via a licensee or something like that as the 900$ price tag is just a raping because of what we drive...the only thing that rubs me raw about Cobb and other vendors is the fact that they think we are idiots and should pay more for their product even though similar products for other vehicles cost less and it's virtually the same thing
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 09:45 PM   #48
mithiral67
That guy
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by possible335i2008 View Post
they think we are idiots
They dont think we are idiots. They set a price point that will make them the most money while still having buyers that feel the product justify the price. Its business. At least they are selling a luxary item and not a necessity, say gas.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #49
Roast Beef
Doomed
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
With the BMW tax already on this unit I am not willing to think the atr will be free hopefully it wont need to be tuned via a licensee or something like that as the 900$ price tag is just a raping because of what we drive...the only thing that rubs me raw about Cobb and other vendors is the fact that they think we are idiots and should pay more for their product even though similar products for other vehicles cost less and it's virtually the same thing
Wait what? AP for mini is $895, AP for R35 GTR is $995/$1495...Yeah some other platforms are cheaper but they have also been around for quite a bit longer than this one.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 09:52 PM   #50
possible335i2008
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithiral67 View Post
They dont think we are idiots. They set a price point that will make them the most money while still having buyers that feel the product justify the price. Its business. At least they are selling a luxary item and not a necessity, say gas.

No they think we are idiots plain and simple not when they sell the same unit for 450-600 to several other platforms, the GTR crowd is much smaller hence the need to perhaps recoup their efforts either way it B.S. And we continue to support vendors that do it to us
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #51
Brey335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 ///M3

Quote:
That's not necessarily true. Each car has to be tuned and go through R&D. Although the AP looks the same, the process may be very different and time consuming for different cars. I heard the N54 was hard to crack and the N55 is even worse...
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #52
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

It's always "hardware issues" when it comes to troubleshooting the Procede when, aside from common symptoms, IS tune related.

I'm also one that isn't particularly impressed by Cobb AP stage 1 logs, but I am dying to see what people can do with ATR using Stage 2 as a baseline.
      05-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #53
Roast Beef
Doomed
Rep

Quote:
No they think we are idiots plain and simple not when they sell the same unit for 450-600 to several other platforms, the GTR crowd is much smaller hence the need to perhaps recoup their efforts either way it B.S. And we continue to support vendors that do it to us
My guess is that it was much easier for them to break into the subaru ECUs (this is pure speculation on my part, but given the availability of ecutek and open source solutions I bet I'm right), and I bet the subaru market is much much larger than the 335i market so they can lower the price and make up for it in volume...
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 10:02 PM   #54
Clap135
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
It's always "hardware issues" when it comes to troubleshooting the Procede when, aside from common symptoms, IS tune related.

I'm also one that isn't particularly impressed by Cobb AP stage 1 logs, but I am dying to see what people can do with ATR using Stage 2 as a baseline.
Ben
clapism....its a religion, your map will be waiting for you when your ready lol
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 10:02 PM   #55
possible335i2008
Major
Rep

[QUOTE=Brey335i;9580682]That's not necessarily true. Each car has to be tuned and go through R&D. Although the AP looks the same, the process may be very different and time consuming for different cars. I heard the N54 was hard to crack and the N55 is even

IMHO I think that is just B.S. about our car being harder to crack than others with the amount of IT professionals and company leaks I find it hard to believe dinan had it cracked instantly several european companies did it also fairly quickly...we are being fed B.S. Just like downpipes should cost 900$ because of their awesomeness...try selling that to any other community and you would be laughed out...we are just ripe for the picking because of the attitude " well you drive a 50,000 car" that shit is just plain silly and honestly why we continue to pay inflated prices and Cobb and others will continue to rape us
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #56
mithiral67
That guy
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
That's not necessarily true. Each car has to be tuned and go through R&D. Although the AP looks the same, the process may be very different and time consuming for different cars. I heard the N54 was hard to crack and the N55 is even

IMHO I think that is just B.S. about our car being harder to crack than others with the amount of IT professionals and company leaks I find it hard to believe dinan had it cracked instantly several european companies did it also fairly quickly...we are being fed B.S. Just like downpipes should cost 900$ because of their awesomeness...try selling that to any other community and you would be laughed out...we are just ripe for the picking because of the attitude " well you drive a 50,000 car" that shit is just plain silly and honestly why we continue to pay inflated prices and Cobb and others will continue to rape us
Sell your car and pick one thats cheaper to mod.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 10:07 PM   #57
Roast Beef
Doomed
Rep

Quote:

This is funny because the same debate about downpipes has happened 50 times on various car forums (I can speak for the evo and sti forums, having had both cars in the past). It isn't just BMWs...I don't know what brought this out in this thread but you're nuts. (edit - just google for sti ebay downpipes or evo ebay downpipes, the threads will come up)
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #58
possible335i2008
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roast Beef View Post
This is funny because the same debate about downpipes has happened 50 times on various car forums (I can speak for the evo and sti forums, having had both cars in the past). It isn't just BMWs...I don't know what brought this out in this thread but you're nuts.
I not even going to go into this with you I am simply voicing an opinion formed from modding cars for well over 17 years, wanna attack me personally enjoy, and I actually own my car and don't wanna pay 40k again for another car right now....but great reply enjoy that thinking sorry to ruffle feathers just venting
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #59
Brey335i
Banned
Rep

This thread was supposed to be about COBB logs with RB turbos...
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #60
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

dzenno you should do some procede logs at such low boost to compare with
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #61
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
not a terrible idea
      05-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #62
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Actually he's done low boost logs - in his journal thread
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 11:58 PM   #63
Joshboody
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: pickemuptruck

are your wastegate considered loose or tight compared to stock.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 12:01 AM   #64
Brey335i
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshboody View Post
usually RB wastegates are stiff. But I believe Dzenno loosened his so they work like stock
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 06:47 AM   #65
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Quote:
usually RB wastegates are stiff. But I believe Dzenno loosened his so they work like stock
i think you mean tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBeck View Post
RBs wastegates arent "stiffer". They are just adjusted tighter. If at any time with any setup someone is overboosting, it maybe because of an actuator that has been adjusted to far inward... which effectively changes the distance the wastegate flapper can open outwards to allow the exhaust gasses to bypass flowing across the Turbine wheel. Adjusting the wastegate actuator rod outward, will do the opposite (allow more gasses to bypass the turbine wheel due to further wastegate flapper travel outward).
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 07:34 AM   #66
dzenno
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Quote:
Wait what? AP for mini is $895, AP for R35 GTR is $995/$1495...Yeah some other platforms are cheaper but they have also been around for quite a bit longer than this one.
Quote:
Quote:
That's not necessarily true. Each car has to be tuned and go through R&D. Although the AP looks the same, the process may be very different and time consuming for different cars. I heard the N54 was hard to crack and the N55 is even worse...
Quote:
My guess is that it was much easier for them to break into the subaru ECUs (this is pure speculation on my part, but given the availability of ecutek and open source solutions I bet I'm right), and I bet the subaru market is much much larger than the 335i market so they can lower the price and make up for it in volume...
[QUOTE=possible335i2008;9580727]
Quote:
That's not necessarily true. Each car has to be tuned and go through R&D. Although the AP looks the same, the process may be very different and time consuming for different cars. I heard the N54 was hard to crack and the N55 is even

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithiral67 View Post
Sell your car and pick one thats cheaper to mod.
Quote:
This is funny because the same debate about downpipes has happened 50 times on various car forums (I can speak for the evo and sti forums, having had both cars in the past). It isn't just BMWs...I don't know what brought this out in this thread but you're nuts. (edit - just google for sti ebay downpipes or evo ebay downpipes, the threads will come up)
Quote:
I not even going to go into this with you I am simply voicing an opinion formed from modding cars for well over 17 years, wanna attack me personally enjoy, and I actually own my car and don't wanna pay 40k again for another car right now....but great reply enjoy that thinking sorry to ruffle feathers just venting
PLEASE create a new thread on that topic sh*t!! lol

Quote:
This thread was supposed to be about COBB logs with RB turbos...
THANK you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post

Its always about hardware issues because a lot of times it really is hardware related BUT its also easy to blame it on and buy some time to research and fix issues lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
I've done hundreds believe me and this is one of the few reasons why cobb was a shocker to begin with..basically if you have upgraded turbos and they work with the stock tune I'm almost positive they'll work with Cobb stg 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshboody View Post
they were initially setup stiff...i had my current set adjusted to match stock as they were overboosting in stock mode above 5k rpm...now the car drives perfectly in stock mode and I guess is the main reason I can run a flash meant for a stock car as it mostly relates to wg stiffness as I suspected..

Quote:
correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp999 View Post
i think you mean tight.
initially, not anymore..
Appreciate 0