F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Christmas/Boxing day present.. - Hit and run/park the other side..
Extreme Powerhouse

12-29-2018, 12:08 AM   #23
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTE View Post
Little update:

Quote no1: £495
Quote no2: £190
Quote no3: £250

Used a whocanfixit website and a got a quotation from a personal recommendation via a friend. ~£250 and below seems a little too cheap? In person he mentioned he'll be blending the colours and would guarantee colour match/lifetime guarantee providing any bird excretion are removed ASAP and not left on the paint within the first week or two as it eats through fresh lacquer.

Going to check the friends car in daylight to see the standard I can expect.

NB: Does anyone in London have recommendations for similar bodywork done to their vehicle? Preferably West/South West London.
I had some damage to my rear bumper, I had it repaired by a recommended body shop, £220 for removal of all parking sensors, repair, paint area with blend and whole rear bumper lacquered. The finish was an extremely high standard , I'm very fussy too.
Granted the front bumper might be a little more of a faff to remove and re-install.
They were Autowerx in MK if you didn't mind travelling.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2018, 04:16 PM   #24
KTE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A slow car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoShambolt View Post
I had some damage to my rear bumper, I had it repaired by a recommended body shop, £220 for removal of all parking sensors, repair, paint area with blend and whole rear bumper lacquered. The finish was an extremely high standard , I'm very fussy too.
Granted the front bumper might be a little more of a faff to remove and re-install.
They were Autowerx in MK if you didn't mind travelling.

Thanks for posting the pics + recommendation. Little bit more at ease seeing what can be done in situations like these.

Also managed to have a look at my friends car, apparently had a deeper front end clean needing work. Couldn't spot anything, and even if I could it would've only been after he mentioned the exact position.

Roll on the end of Jan
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2018, 04:38 PM   #25
ossi1
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M Sport 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTE View Post
Little update:

Quote no1: £495
Quote no2: £190
Quote no3: £250

Used a whocanfixit website and a got a quotation from a personal recommendation via a friend. ~£250 and below seems a little too cheap? In person he mentioned he’ll be blending the colours and would guarantee colour match/lifetime guarantee providing any bird excretion are removed ASAP and not left on the paint within the first week or two as it eats through fresh lacquer.

Going to check the friends car in daylight to see the standard I can expect.

NB: Does anyone in London have recommendations for similar bodywork done to their vehicle? Preferably West/South West London.

My 340i was pranged a few weeks ago. Similar sort of damage , although my headlight was also scratched. Quote from a local body shop (with a good rep ) £180 plus VAT for the bumper and £100 to do the headlight.

Pics in the thread for comparison.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1563055
Appreciate 0