F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Leaving BMW
Extreme Powerhouse

04-24-2024, 02:31 PM   #1
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i M-Sport Gran Coupe

Leaving BMW

After 9 years and two BMW's, a new 2015 320i M-Sport and a pre-registered 2019 420i GC M-Sport, I have put a deposit down on a 4 month old Mercedes CLA 200 AMG line Executive (facelift model), and picking it up on Saturday.

My 420i is going in part exchange. I will be sorry to see the BMW go, but thought I needed to sell it whilst it had some equity if I ever wanted to have a new(ish) car again.

When buying again, I was also conscious of having to pay £600 a year road tax for 5 years, if I went over the £40k list price, which will keep going up year on year.

BMW's have got ridiculously expensive too, and I am fed up changing the winter wheels and tyres over twice a year, I am getting too old for that.

I test drove the car today and performance wise, it felt similar to the 420i, which I was more than happy with. It also has a very nice interior with plenty of up to date tech.

I will no doubt look in on this site from time to time as it has been a great source of information and a shared love of cars.
      04-25-2024, 01:24 AM   #2
Danj94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 440i

Enjoy your new car I agree the road ta premium for cars over £40k list is a real pain in the A**
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 02:29 AM   #3
cramsnik
Crustacean denier
Rep
Drives: M3LR

I'd be interested to know how you feel about the Merc after you've put a few miles on it. Unfortunately my experience of driving the other half's 2022 A180d hasn't been the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensible View Post
After 9 years and two BMW's, a new 2015 320i M-Sport and a pre-registered 2019 420i GC M-Sport, I have put a deposit down on a 4 month old Mercedes CLA 200 AMG line Executive (facelift model), and picking it up on Saturday.

My 420i is going in part exchange. I will be sorry to see the BMW go, but thought I needed to sell it whilst it had some equity if I ever wanted to have a new(ish) car again.

When buying again, I was also conscious of having to pay £600 a year road tax for 5 years, if I went over the £40k list price, which will keep going up year on year.

BMW's have got ridiculously expensive too, and I am fed up changing the winter wheels and tyres over twice a year, I am getting too old for that.

I test drove the car today and performance wise, it felt similar to the 420i, which I was more than happy with. It also has a very nice interior with plenty of up to date tech.

I will no doubt look in on this site from time to time as it has been a great source of information and a shared love of cars.
Appreciate 0