F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > About M1 and M2 buttons
GetBMWParts

04-22-2024, 11:40 PM   #1
borabasar
Rep
Drives: F31

About M1 and M2 buttons

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first time owning a BMW F31 2014.
I want to replace the standard steering wheel of my vehicle with an M Sport steering wheel.

Someone with an F30 vehicle is selling his steering wheel (available as standard in M1 and M2 steering wheels, there is a visual attached), and I did some research on the internet. It is necessary to make a connection from the "A173*7B Pin#5" socket of the vehicle (if there is a connection, it is not necessary) and connect the other end to the other "A83*2B pin#3" socket on the steering wheel.

I have seen some users use the M1 and M2 buttons to switch between driving modes, with a set on some steering wheels that do not have M1 and M2 buttons.

The person selling the steering wheel does not have knowledge about this issue, that is, he does not know whether a set is used or not, he had this procedure done in a service.

I'm wondering, do I need any wiring on the M steering wheel, which has the M1 and M2 buttons as standard? (inside the gearbox)

Thank you in advance to everyone who takes the time to respond.

And

I just came across this video and I think I'm going to pass on buying it.

Attached Images

Last edited by borabasar; 04-23-2024 at 02:22 AM..
Appreciate 0