E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Weird fuel trims and fueling issues.

03-16-2024, 03:30 PM   #1
VANITY1721
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 335i

I have an 07 335i (n54) with 138,000 miles. Stage 2+ e50 mix on mhd.

Recently I have been trying to figure out some issues I have been having that all seem to be related to fueling.

About 500 miles ago I replaced all sparks with 2 step colder (.022 gap). Replaced low pressure fuel sensor. Note : the issue has been going on before replacing this stuff.

About 14,000 miles ago I installed a precision raceworks stage 2 bucketed fuel pump, upgraded to an ekp-m3, and replaced HPFP (IMPORTANT: it was an oasis hpfp from Amazon which I’m aware might not be as good as oem but it was only $200 and seemed to work perfectly after installation)

Potentially useful information:
My n54 has been open downpipe for about 18k miles and It has always gone into CILC testing multiple times per drive (wastegates fully open, heard it could also be testing o2 sensors). The car smells more like gas and richer than it used to. After changing my oil 500 miles ago, the oil smelled slightly of gas aswell. I have all index 11 injectors. I also constantly throw “low pressure fuel pump, plausibility” codes aswell as 2 random hpfp codes that don’t seem to matter. Those codes have been showing even after replacing hpfp and lpfp. I also often hear 1 injector that sounds like a louder tick than all the others. It sounds like it could be cylinder 3’s injector which would possibly explain my cylinder 3 missfire when I have too much ethanol which is mentioned below. My cold starts are usually not too rough but they could definitely be smoother.

The issue:
My bank 1 fuel trims look to be either somewhat normal or too lean but my bank 2 fuel trims are extremely rich. When I am cruising at low rpm or lightly accelerating, I often hear what sounds like the fuel cutting out for a split second. I used to get missfires only on cylinder 3 every time I went wot but I believe I have solved that by changing my ethanol mix calculation (I used to tell the calculator that the e85 at sheetz was e75 because sheetz ethanol isn’t the most reliable). There is also sometimes a weird fluttering sound when pressing lightly on the throttle, this randomly happened one night after i was driving “enthusiastically” and has not gone away. It is also common for my cars idle rpm to randomly sit at 750 instead of 550 during a drive. Last night I was really pushing the car while logging it and I threw a “cylinder injection cutout” code at the very end of the log I will attach below (that is not a common code my car throws, that’s the second time I’ve ever threw that code).

If needed, I can also upload a 3rd gear wot log or an idle log if anyone thinks they have any useful information. I have thought that it could be leaky or failing injectors but they are index 11 so I’m hoping that injectors aren’t the case. Best case scenario I’m hoping for is I just need to replace my hpfp again and replace 02 sensors but I’d like someone else’s input before I replace parts that won’t change anything.

datazap log
Appreciate 0