F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > APEX Wheels customer service in one word...
Extreme Powerhouse

04-10-2024, 05:18 PM   #1
Voodoo18
Private
Rep
Drives: 440i, GT350, MDX, SL55, Blazer

APEX Wheels customer service in one word...

Nonexistent.

I ordered a set of ARC-8 18x9 et30s on Saturday afternoon. After two days of more consideration and looking at dozens of more pictures, I decided that I didn't like the fitment and didn't want my tires sticking beyond the fenders and quarters even slightly like they would with those wheels and 255/40s.

I decided that I'd like the 18x8.5 et35 paired with 255/40s much better. I also decided to go with the EC-7s as I like them better and they were available in that size.

So on Tuesday morning, I checked the status of my order and they had not shipped. Great! So, I called APEX customer service at 9am Pacific to hopefully make the change before they did.

I went through the menu and was told that "all customer service members are helping other enthusiasts" and to leave a message. I did.

30 minutes later, no return call. Since time is of the essence, I decided to go to the website and contact them stating specifically what I wanted to do and that I had left a message earlier, and to please call for a resolution. I immediately got the auto reply email saying that they would be in contact with me within 24 hours twenty-four hours to answer an email?

An hour after that, I get an email from APEX that my wheels have shipped. Great.

Another call at 4pm Pacific yielded the same results as the first call. A third call at 3 pm Pacific today went yet again, to voicemail.

So as it currently stands APEX has not answered their phone three times, not returned a voicemail that was placed over 30 hours ago, not answered an email that was sent 29 hours ago, and I now have a set of wheels in route that I absolutely do not want.

I know from reading the forums that their products have a great reputation and their customer service is good, and this is a big reason why I went with them. Unfortunately, my experience has been frustrating, aggravating, and very disappointing to this point. Hopefully, when this finally gets resolved, the wheels will be of better quality than their customer service because it has been nothing short of atrocious.

Last edited by Voodoo18; 04-10-2024 at 05:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 05:48 PM   #2
Voodoo18
Private
Rep

Update.....

After I wrote this post, I tried one more time but selected a different menu option.

Instead of 3 (retail customer) and then 3 (modify an existing order that hasn't shipped) or 4 (return or exchange an order) I went 3, then 5 (all other inquires) and finally got someone on the phone.

I spoke with AJ who was very helpful, quick, and was able to resolve the issue. The wheels have not yet left UPS in California, so he was able to have them returned to APEX and will ship my new wheels as soon as that change with UPS is confirmed.

So all is good. Thanks APEX and thanks AJ.

I told AJ of the issue that I had and he said that they are short staffed and with their current sale, they are busy. He said that emails and VMs are taking up to 48 hours to be returned.

Rather than delete the post, I will let it stand as it may help someone else who may be having the same troubles.

Last edited by Voodoo18; 04-11-2024 at 07:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 09:20 AM   #3
White435
Citizen of ///M Town
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo18 View Post
Unfortunately, my experience has been frustrating, aggravating, and very disappointing to this point. Hopefully, when this finally gets resolved, the wheels will be of better quality than their customer service because it has been nothing short of atrocious.
You're the one who messed up and you're acting like it's Apex's fault. All this wouldn't have happened if you had done more research.
Appreciate 2
      04-11-2024, 09:43 AM   #4
Voodoo18
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by White435 View Post
You're the one who messed up and you're acting like it's Apex's fault. All this wouldn't have happened if you had done more research.
Lol, you are 1000% wrong. People change their minds all of the time and APEX allows for this as they have a menu option when you call to address such a situation.

Not only did they fail to act and respond in a reasonable amount of time, but they also failed to return an email within the 24 hours that they said that they would.

However, it all worked out and all is now good. After speaking with them by deviating from their protocol, I understand that they are short staffed, and even more-so now since they're having a sale.

In fact, the adjustment was made quickly and easily, and I commend them for that. I am satisfied now that I was able make the change.

I could've deleted this when I reached a resolution but chose to leave it up, not as a knock against APEX, but as a bit of advice to others who make be in a similar situation.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 07:15 PM   #5
keithyo88
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i msport rwd

I did exactly what you did, changed my mind due to great info from smart members here. Emailed change request and called, spoke with AJ who saw my request, changed the order and emailed verification. Luck helps I guess, but they try.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2024, 10:35 AM   #6
triax37
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31, 2014 F15, 2002 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo18 View Post
Update.....

After I wrote this post, I tried one more time but selected a different menu option.

Instead of 3 (retail customer) and then 3 (modify an existing order that hasn't shipped) or 4 (return or exchange an order) I went 3, then 5 (all other inquires) and finally got someone on the phone.

Rather than delete the post, I will let it stand as it may help someone else who may be having the same troubles.
Would you consider updating your original post, at the top of the post, with the phone sequence? That way, instead of someone reading both of your posts, they could just get the helpful information at the top of post #1.
Appreciate 0