E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Combustion Misfire/ Damaging Exhaust gas on Cyl 4

03-13-2024, 01:19 PM   #1
305stig
Rep
Drives: Bmw e92 n55

2012 e92 335i
142500 miles
FBO stage 2+

Issue: Combustion Misfire/ Damaging Exhaust gas on Cyl 4, high pressure enabling of injection too low

Parts replaced: injector only cyl 4,Hpfp, lpfp, fuel pressure regulator, valve cover gasket, all 6 plugs and coils. (Fuel rail pressure sensor was replaced back in
August of 2023)

Need help diagnosing this issue.
Back story on the car is for the longest time I would have high pressure faults and about 3 weeks ago the car would go into limp mode, long cranks and mis fire bad. I had a brand new hpfp that I had ordered a few months back. After replacing I still had high pressure too low and enabling of infection too low also the cyl 4 misfire damaging exhaust gas came up so just to be safe I had changed that cyl injector and upon removal found that cyl 4 coil had oil on it :/. Noted that and ordered valve cover gasket set and parts to replace vgc also ordered lpfp, fuel regulator and ignition coil plugs set. After replacing everything yesterday the car ran great only problem was had enabling of injection shadow code. Now today the damaging exhaust gas code came back and car is stumbling on acceleration and in limp mode. If anybody has had this issue and can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Note: also realized too that when I was changing the injector I bent the line from the rail to injector but I had bent it back in place. I’m not sure if this would change anything though.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 02:03 PM   #2
TheGoodTheBadTheUgly
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305stig View Post
2012 e92 335i
142500 miles
FBO stage 2+

Issue: Combustion Misfire/ Damaging Exhaust gas on Cyl 4, high pressure enabling of injection too low

Parts replaced: injector only cyl 4,Hpfp, lpfp, fuel pressure regulator, valve cover gasket, all 6 plugs and coils. (Fuel rail pressure sensor was replaced back in
August of 2023)

Need help diagnosing this issue.
Back story on the car is for the longest time I would have high pressure faults and about 3 weeks ago the car would go into limp mode, long cranks and mis fire bad. I had a brand new hpfp that I had ordered a few months back. After replacing I still had high pressure too low and enabling of infection too low also the cyl 4 misfire damaging exhaust gas came up so just to be safe I had changed that cyl injector and upon removal found that cyl 4 coil had oil on it :/. Noted that and ordered valve cover gasket set and parts to replace vgc also ordered lpfp, fuel regulator and ignition coil plugs set. After replacing everything yesterday the car ran great only problem was had enabling of injection shadow code. Now today the damaging exhaust gas code came back and car is stumbling on acceleration and in limp mode. If anybody has had this issue and can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Note: also realized too that when I was changing the injector I bent the line from the rail to injector but I had bent it back in place. I’m not sure if this would change anything though.
Seems like you replaced most of the major things that I would think of right off the bat. I think it would be a good idea to investigate further with a compression test to ensure there is nothing major going on with that cylinder.
      03-13-2024, 03:13 PM   #3
305stig
Rep

Forgot to add screen shot of codes
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 04:57 PM   #4
305stig
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Seems like you replaced most of the major things that I would think of right off the bat. I think it would be a good idea to investigate further with a compression test to ensure there is nothing major going on with that cylinder.
🙁 hopefully compression is good.
If so what else do you think?
Appreciate 0