E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Looking for a body shop in Toronto. European Autobody vs. York Mills Autobody?

10-16-2009, 08:22 PM   #1
Debaser
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Coupe

Looking for a body shop in Toronto. European Autobody vs. York Mills Autobody?

Fender bender this afternoon. Totally the other driver's fault (she signed a waiver to that effect in my presence.)

I reckon about $10k in damage.

Anybody care to recommend a body shop in the GTA? Parkview BMW recommended York Mills Autobody at Leslie and York Mills. They are endorsed by my insurance company, so I get a lifetime warranty on their work.

On the other hand, my tow-truck driver (who is also a enthusiast) recommended European Autobody. Apparently they deal exclusively in high end machines (Ferrari, Maz, BMW, etc.). No lifetime warranty, but I'm sure their work is excellent.

Any recommendations? I have to decide by tomorrow morning.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
max_asdf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

parkview recommended that for you?

they had recommended bayview and steeles for me a while back. bayview and steels auto collision body shop has parkview bmw as a partner (along with wietzels toyota, according to website)

how do they determine to send who where?

whatever the case is, as always, satified with the service from BMW PARKVIEW.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

Can't comment on either of those places, but I do recommend Don Valley Auto Collision (which is in the same area). My mother had her car fixed there a few years ago after a pretty serious accident and their work was really good.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 09:58 PM   #4
gunnerboy
Banned
Rep
Drives: 5

european auto body goodmark place etobicoke

shit work even worse staff they do really bad work dont trust these guys had my car painted there and they fucked up on everything like overspray and drips in the paint to even painting the car the wrong color and having to paint it over 9 thou down the drain dont ever trust them especially if insurance is paying they did a 2000 paint job and claimed it was 9 thou you gotta be blind these guys are crooks dont trust them at all they have a father son team running scams on people playing good cop bad cop they are just looking for a payday they are crooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkssssssss
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 10:08 PM   #5
Hedges
Major General
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG

Velocity
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #6
golfer29
Rep
Drives: 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerboy View Post
shit work even worse staff they do really bad work dont trust these guys had my car painted there and they fucked up on everything like overspray and drips in the paint to even painting the car the wrong color and having to paint it over 9 thou down the drain dont ever trust them especially if insurance is paying they did a 2000 paint job and claimed it was 9 thou you gotta be blind these guys are crooks dont trust them at all they have a father son team running scams on people playing good cop bad cop they are just looking for a payday they are crooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkssssssss
I had the exact opposite experience. I had a significant dent fixed in my door by European Autobody recently. They did a really nice job and told me that the work was guaranteed for life.. The car looked immaculate after they were done. If I ever have any body work that needs to be done in the future, I would not hesitate to go back. The company was recommended by BMW Mississauga. I later found out that they are owned by Maranello - who owns BMW Mississauga and Maranello BMW.
http://www.maranelloautobody.com/

Also see
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368714

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307417

Last edited by golfer29; 04-09-2010 at 10:13 PM.. Reason: added thread
Appreciate 0