F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F36 3AG Retrofit - help needed
ARMA SPEED

03-29-2024, 04:18 PM   #1
f30tikka
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 LCI 2017

Smile F36 3AG Retrofit - help needed

I'm looking into retrofitting a reverse camera on my BMW F36 LCI, which is equipped with NBT EVO.

Could anyone who has experience with reverse camera retrofits on a similar setup share their insights? I'm particularly interested in knowing:

Hardware Requirements: What specific camera models are compatible with the F36 LCI and NBT EVO? Are there any additional modules or components needed for the installation?

Installation Process: How complex is the installation process? Are there any specific tools or techniques that are required to complete the retrofit successfully?

Coding and Configuration: What coding changes are necessary to integrate the reverse camera with the NBT EVO system? Are there any software updates or modifications needed to ensure seamless functionality?

Compatibility and Reliability: Have you encountered any compatibility issues or reliability concerns after retrofitting the reverse camera? How has the system performed in different driving conditions?

Availability of Resources: Are there any comprehensive guides or tutorials available online that provide step-by-step instructions for this specific retrofit? Alternatively, has anyone come across a relevant thread on this forum that addresses similar concerns?

I appreciate any input or advice you can offer on this matter. Feel free to share your personal experiences, tips, or recommendations that might help me make an informed decision about proceeding with the reverse camera retrofit.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2024, 06:12 AM   #2
mig2830
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 340I

First, if you have E-sys programme, make a TAL calculation with 3AG added to the VO. That will show you what type of reverse cam you will need.
If it is similar to F30, you will come up with ICAM-and that is fairly simple to install.
you will need to draw 2 wires for power supply, positive is from the rear fuse box, ground any ground terminal. Then a twisted pair from camera to FEM and a shielded two wire cable from the camera to the HU-that is the "picture"
You need the camera itself and a new trunk handle with space for the camera.

Then VO coding of the camera, the FEM and the HU
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2024, 07:58 AM   #3
f30tikka
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 LCI 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig2830 View Post
First, if you have E-sys programme, make a TAL calculation with 3AG added to the VO. That will show you what type of reverse cam you will need.
If it is similar to F30, you will come up with ICAM-and that is fairly simple to install.
you will need to draw 2 wires for power supply, positive is from the rear fuse box, ground any ground terminal. Then a twisted pair from camera to FEM and a shielded two wire cable from the camera to the HU-that is the "picture"
You need the camera itself and a new trunk handle with space for the camera.

Then VO coding of the camera, the FEM and the HU
Will I need to get power from the rear fuse box, or can I tap into an existing line that provides power such as K-CAN2? Also where should the ICAM module be mounted, from research I've found that it is mounted under the plastic trim near the steering wheel?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2024, 10:12 AM   #4
mig2830
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 340I

You can not get a 12V from the K_CAN2. You need to get the 12V from one of the fuses in the rear fuse box. From factory it is Fuse No 154.

The TAL will tell you if the system you need is the ICAM2 or the TRSCV. In the first case the camera itself is also the ECU, the seconed the ECU is located nere the steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2024, 05:22 AM   #5
THE_AVIATOR
Private First Class
Egypt
Rep
Drives: F30 320i LCI M-Sport

I've done the retrofit in my F30-LCI. Straight forward. Needed a TRSCV module and mounted it in its original place in the driver footwell. If you cannot find the retrofit guide, let me know. Can send by PM
Appreciate 0