F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N55 Looking for help on tunning
ARMA SPEED

05-17-2023, 08:54 AM   #23
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
I've heard the BM3 doesn't have the files to do valvetronic lift modification, like the MILVS, so there is that.
Bm3 has the ability to now use any table editor (tuner pro or win ols) available and define your own xdf (ECU table) files just like MHD, or you can use bm3's new table editor which imo far exceeds the table editors (winols or tuner pro) you would currently use with MHD.

So that's not the case anymore that bm3 cannot tune things. Imo With bm3's new update it blows MHD out of the water in every aspect.

Also bm3's new table editor has over 5100 tables for the m2, that's more than mhd's public xdf has, and I recall seeing valvetronic tables on there so I don't think that statement is accurate.
      05-17-2023, 09:08 AM   #24
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Bm3 has the ability to now use any table editor (tuner pro or win ols) available and define your own xdf (ECU table) files just like MHD, or you can use bm3's new table editor which imo far exceeds the table editors (winols or tuner pro) you would currently use with MHD.

So that's not the case anymore that bm3 cannot tune things. Imo With bm3's new update it blows MHD out of the water in every aspect.

Also bm3's new table editor has over 5100 tables for the m2, that's more than mhd's public xdf has, and I recall seeing valvetronic tables on there so I don't think that statement is accurate.
I don't know, but you say so.
      05-30-2023, 06:38 AM   #25
Smooth_Operator
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 335i 6MT

This might be a really dumb question from a total novice, but I noticed that many of these tunes rely on the controls for the cruise control. Does this mean I would lose cruise control?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2023, 07:14 AM   #26
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth_Operator View Post
This might be a really dumb question from a total novice, but I noticed that many of these tunes rely on the controls for the cruise control. Does this mean I would lose cruise control?
Nope, for cruise control you tap the button (quickly press and release), the special features only take place when you hold the button for a prolonged period of time.
      01-04-2024, 02:45 PM   #27
RbBugBitMe
PdV Motorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xDrive sedan

Garage List
I've been looking into the HPAcademy offerings over the holiday and saw they've come out with WinOLS specific training as well as detailed examples with ECUtek.

Is there any value in learning WinOLS if ECUtek has everything I need to dive in?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 02:48 PM   #28
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbBugBitMe View Post
I've been looking into the HPAcademy offerings over the holiday and saw they've come out with WinOLS specific training as well as detailed examples with ECUtek.

Is there any value in learning WinOLS if ECUtek has everything I need to dive in?
I'm pretty sure ecutek doesn't allow you to access their tuner side of the software unless you're an ecutek master tuner (must be certified by ecutek). They did on some platforms like the frs and brz but not on all platforms (and I'm pretty certain bmw falls into the side that they don't let the user mess with).
      01-04-2024, 03:26 PM   #29
RbBugBitMe
PdV Motorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xDrive sedan

Garage List
Hmm I knew there was a process, didn't realize it would be impossible for someone like me to get approved.

Is it possible with WinOLS to setup the self adjusting flex fuel and boost by gear features ecutek has?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 04:20 PM   #30
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbBugBitMe View Post
Hmm I knew there was a process, didn't realize it would be impossible for someone like me to get approved.

Is it possible with WinOLS to setup the self adjusting flex fuel and boost by gear features ecutek has?
You can try to get approved, but it's not going to be easy if you've never tuned before now.

I'm not sure, I don't think ecutek supplies their race rom logic and their associated tables form you to play with on other editors though. So I assume the answer is no. You can try bm3 and MHD though, they allow you to export the bin file to use in other table editors like winols, and bm3 has their own table editor you can use as well.

The only thing is if you export the bin to a table editor you'll need to define the tables yourself with a damos a2l file, and you're going to need to buy it because the ones publicly available are incomplete. So I personally prefer bm3, you can practice on their excellent table editor, and then as you progress and you feel like you need to you can then move onto an external table editor as winols. Bm3 is also working on their new custom rom V2 and rev2 canbus board so it should catch up to the others in terms of custom rom stuff.
      01-08-2024, 11:23 AM   #31
CalibratEd
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaster172 View Post
Thank you for all the feed back I decided to go with mhd tune with a wifi adapter works great.

Mods I have installed are Cts tubro intake, downpipe, and charge pipe thinking about getting intercooler soon for the summer.
I can help you make changes to your tune if interested.
Appreciate 0