F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover > 2014 F31 328i xDrive M-Sport EBII--HRE+BMW wheels, custom suspension, other mods
Extreme Powerhouse

06-11-2023, 11:30 PM   #1
ktw
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 f31 328i xDrive

2014 F31 328i xDrive M-Sport EBII--HRE+BMW wheels, custom suspension, other mods

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Selling my beloved wagon that is in great condition. I am the second owner--purchased in 2017 from another BMW enthusiast. Just replaced the timing chain and lots of other maintenance at the same time! See new post below with details. Meticulously cared for with 5k mi oil change intervals, ZF trans fluid and filter changed, diff oils changed, regular brake bleeds, lots of other preventative maintenance, and some modifications. Always garage kept, always hand washed, never tracked, and generally not driven very hard. I tried to be pretty exhaustive in details below, but feel free to ask any questions.

Pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/vuAmjkxqN6PYBvUv9

$27,000
78k miles (growing since it's my daily, but growing slowly because I work from home and don't actually drive daily)
Located in the greater Seattle area (North Bend) but willing to ship

Clean title in hand
VIN WBA3G7C53EKN37270
No accidents--Carfax report in hand
Paperwork for shop work, Excel file recording all work done by me
2 keys

Basics--see picture of window sticker
  • Estoril Blue
  • Black Dakota leather interior
  • M Sport Package
  • Xenon Lighting Package
  • Premium Package (keyless entry, lumbar, etc.)
  • Technology Package (HUD, nav, bluetooth, etc.)
  • Sport auto transmission
  • Panoramic sunroof
  • Universal garage door opener
  • Rear window shades
  • Auto-dimming mirrors (side and rear)
  • Power and heated front seats

Wheels
  • HRE FF01 wheels 'fog' color with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
  • BMW 400m with Michelin CrossClimate2
  • Bimmerworld 75 mm race studs

PPF, Tint
  • Xpel Ultimate on full front end (bumper, hood, fenders, headlights, A pillars, fog lights, mirrors), B pillars, door cups, side skirts, rear bumper
  • Llumar Stratos ceramic window tint (35% front windows, 15% rear windows)

Braking
  • M performance brakes
  • StopTech braided brake lines
  • Hawk HPS 5.0 pads

Suspension, Chassis
  • Fat Cat Motorsports stage 3 custom tuned dampers (Based on H&R struts and shocks. So much better damping than stock or Bilstein B16s! They make for a nice ride even with the high spring rates noted below.)
  • Swift springs front and rear (Will provide spreadsheet with spring rate/ride frequency calculations. The ride frequencies are ~1.9/2.0 Hz front/rear, which I believe is approximately M3/M4 territory. Makes for great responsiveness.)
  • Millway Street camber plates (OE front top hats included)
  • VAC monoball lower control arm bushings
  • VAC monoball tension strut bushings
  • KC Design front strut tower brace

Performance
  • ATM front-mounted intercooler (original intercooler included)
  • Evolution Racewerks charge pipe
  • Evolution Racewerks high flow catted downpipe (original downpipe included)
  • GFB DV+
  • BM3 flashed--will transfer the license to buyer
  • xHP transmission flash--the license can't be transferred, but I am happy to flash to whatever settings the buyer wants (stock map or otherwise)

Misc
  • F80 paddle shifters
  • BlackVue DR750X front+rear dash cam hard wired with dedicated B124x battery
  • OE European mirrors (curved edge to eliminate blind spot--best upgrade!)
  • Invisihitch (hitch receiver not visible when removed)
  • Weathertech floor liners (front, rear, trunk)
  • BMW floor mats--hardly used
  • BMS oil catch can--not currently installed but will include it. Had it on for ~28k miles but found it collected little aside from water so removed it.
  • Front tow hook license plate holder
  • Various other spare parts (extra OE rear shock top hats, hardware, plastic rivets)
  • Foam tape added under trim panels to eliminate almost all squeaks/rattles
  • 2022 PNW Wagonfest attendee

Known issues
  • Fixed--see post below. ̶L̶a̶r̶g̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶p̶u̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶e̶d̶s̶ ̶(̶i̶.̶e̶.̶,̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶)̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶l̶i̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶u̶t̶s̶.̶ ̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶d̶u̶p̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶p̶r̶i̶n̶g̶/̶m̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶s̶p̶r̶i̶n̶g̶/̶6̶0̶ ̶m̶m̶ ̶a̶d̶a̶p̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶u̶t̶s̶.̶ ̶ ̶O̶c̶c̶a̶s̶i̶o̶n̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶f̶a̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶o̶l̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶9̶0̶%̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶O̶E̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶l̶u̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶.̶ ̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶o̶l̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶c̶k̶:̶ ̶https://www.millway.se/nallager-for-...ingfjader.html.
  • Curb rash on some of the wheels--see pictures.
  • One of the 400m wheels has a scratch on the inside of the barrel--see picture.
  • A handful of minor paint scuffs, dings in PPF on the front end. Probably hard to capture well in pictures, but happy to try if requested.
  • Driver's seat bottom cushion has some light scratches in the leather. I guess I always slide in in the same way.
  • One of the Michelin CrossClimate tires had a small staple in it that was probably the cause of a very slow leak. Had to add ~3 psi once in 6 months, so hardly worth noting.
  • Bike rack not included. I'm not parting with that beauty .

Attached Images

Last edited by ktw; 09-16-2023 at 11:58 PM..
Appreciate 3
JDAURIA729.00
ch4ch6.50
      06-12-2023, 08:33 PM   #2
JDAURIA
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 MSport

Garage List
2005 BMW  [0.00]
2016 BMW  [0.00]
Too cheap! Someone is going to get a great example

Purchase your W///AGON Stickers Here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1930190
Appreciate 1
ktw54.50
      06-22-2023, 11:23 PM   #3
ktw
Private
Rep

Update: The steering clicking is fixed by snugging down the steering rack thrust piece (it was already the replacement part from the BMW repair kit 32106891974) and flipping the front main spring/helper spring so that the coupler doesn't rub on the strut's threaded body.

Last edited by ktw; 09-17-2023 at 12:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2023, 12:54 AM   #4
ktw
Private
Rep

Price drop, and still open to offers. Happy to answer any questions.
      09-17-2023, 12:14 AM   #5
ktw
Private
Rep

Bringing this car back on the market now that I completed some major maintenance. This was all done as preventative maintenance since I want this car to live a long, healthy life with its next owner, and because I needed a project to work on in my garage (plus an excuse to buy a quickjack). Here's the full list:
  • Timing chain, guides, and tensioner
  • Oil pump chain, guides, and tensioner
  • Front diff oil
  • Water pump, thermostat, and coolant flush
  • Oil filter housing gasket, oil cooler gasket
  • Accessory belt and tensioner
  • The TC job also meant nearly all of the major gaskets have been replaced: oil pan, valve cover, vacuum pump, front axle shafts, diff-to-oil pan, right axle support-to-oil pan, intake, etc.

I've driven the car >500 miles since finishing the work with no CEL, no codes, no leaks. Everything I saw on the inside looked good to my eyes--no broken pieces of TC guide, no metal debris, cam lobes pretty darn nice, not much carbon on intake valves. It's a happy car. Shouldn't need anything major until perhaps doing the trans fluid and rear diff oil again around 110-120k.
      09-19-2023, 06:56 AM   #6
Baron7700
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi Wagon; 04 Spec E46

Hmm.
Appreciate 1
ktw54.50
      09-21-2023, 04:34 PM   #7
Baron7700
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi Wagon; 04 Spec E46

Sent a PM.