F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Damn lying cop
GetBMWParts

06-21-2007, 01:16 AM   #1
choatie88
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX, Volvo XC90, McLaren 12C

Damn lying cop

Ugh. Just got pulled over after entering an intersection on yellow. The conversation went something like this:

Cop: "You ran a red light."
Me: "No sir, I am quite sure it was yellow when I entered."
Cop: "The light was green for me, so either you were speeding or you ran the red light or both."

I don't know how to talk/argue my way out, and I figure this guy needs me to help fund the policeman's ball or whatever, so I give up. What an idiot, if I was speeding when entering a yellow, the light wouldn't have turned green for him while I was still in the intersection since I would have crossed it faster.

God damned Chicago cops... they need to stop beating helpless people up in bars and issuing bogus tickets to collect revenue. Here's a novel thought: actually protect people.

Funny thing is, in my old beater I've done way crazier stuff and never been pulled over, now this...

It just pisses me off that there's nothing you can do but pay the ticket. Who the hell has time to spend a day in the courthouse? Plus it's not like the cop was about to let me go look for witnesses, so it's me and my passenger's word against the cop's. It's extortion, plain and simple.

Last edited by choatie88; 06-21-2007 at 06:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2007, 01:34 AM   #2
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Dude, you admitted you were speeding. Put on your flame suit.

You can always get a lawyer I guess, or go to traffic school if this is your first ticket.
      06-21-2007, 03:33 AM   #3
RANJHA
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

i think i can drop it for you for like $350 bucks (doesn't go to me)...depends on if u want it on ur record or not...if u don't care it's not worth it.. PM me

lol i know thats fucking stupid tho

alex
      06-21-2007, 06:37 AM   #4
choatie88
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX, Volvo XC90, McLaren 12C

Yeah, I can do traffic school. But the entire point is, I didn't break the law at all, this guy was just looking for some revenue. If I was speeding, there's no way he could have gauged it, since he was at 90 degrees to me.

It's just ridiculous that this guy pulled me over for running a red because he happened to see me in the intersection while his light was green. I mean, you run a red based on when you enter the intersection, not whether the light turns red while you're in the intersection.

It's doubly frustrating that there's no way to fight the ticket, since it's my word against his.