F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Renting a Ballroom or Club for a Party...
GetBMWParts

08-07-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini

Renting a Ballroom or Club for a Party...

I want to rent a ballroom in a hotel for 5 hours - 7 PM to 12 AM for a party. It would be more like a club than a ballroom, because there would be no tables, chairs, etc just a huge dance floor. I was wondering what the price range might be before I started calling hotels to find out; just a price range ya know? It's a fundraiser so $10 per person to get in. Im expecting 300-400 people to come.

Is it a better idea to rent a ballroom or a club? Which would be more cost efficient?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

If you rent a ballroom from a hotel, they will have a minimum spend, and expect you to use their kitchen to cater. If you don't use their kitchen that's fine, but you better hit the minimum on drinks. They'll usually comp the room charge in all but the nicest locations if you hit a certain minimum. It also depends on the time of year. September and October tend to be slow, as is January-March. Forget the summer months, the weddings keep the prices up. Same goes around the Holidays, usually starting in November.

If you rent a club for the night, they'll also want a guarantee on the minimum, but they may be more willing to work with you on the arrangements.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

ballroom:
- more expensive
- have to bring your own dj equipment and set everything up
- limited liquor (usually cash bars only)
- higher food/beverage minimum that clubs
- only positive thing i can think of is that it's more "elegant"

club:
- a lot cheaper even though you will still need to put down a bar guarantee. if you want a private party, you're gonna have to guarantee them the minimum they make on a typical night. most likely, they will not close down a friday or saturday night for you unless you got a heavy bank roll to offer.
- dj set up is already there
- full bar

what i recommend is to find a restaurant that has banquet rooms. they usually allow you to rent those rooms for a very low bar minimum since it's not being used anyways. you just gotta haul in your own dj/sound equipment but it's the cheapest way to do it.

an easier way would be to find a club promoter in your local area and have them cater to your needs. they have the inside hook up already so they can pull some strings. then you don't have to deal with the headache of planning anything.