E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2009 E92 required upgrades

09-11-2023, 03:56 PM   #1
407Rey
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 2009

2009 E92 required upgrades

So i’m sort of new to the car scene and i have this car that i want to start building up, it’s a 2009 e92 and ik ppl say it’s a reliable car and you should get a 335 instead of upgrading this, but i’m not, I want to see how far i can take this car. I want to basically make it faster than it is, in the end maybe add a turbo, but the thing is I want a build that won’t 'blow up' on me 6-7 months later, if possible. So i’ve been looking at getting a remap or ecu upgrade which is a remap ig, but was told i can have problems because my car is manual and my clutch can only handle so much torque. So my point is, if I upgrade one thing like the ecu, what others things must be upgraded to not run into any problems, like if I’m adding a bunch of after market upgrades what’s stock that needs to be changed, Im guessing if I do a remap and start hearing a jutter or something the clutch needs to be changed bc it can’t withstand the torque be put out. I’ve even been open to engineswapping it with a junkyard LS, like I said this car is a project, no longer my daily, but and I have the budget to do what i want just curious, how can I add all these upgrades without any other pieces of the car not being able to withstand the power being added. Again it’s a 2009 e92, just trying to get it faster, also I know some are wondering if I’m 'new' how would i swap or even get all this done, I have friends that went to trade school and work in shops around the city, literally taking apart engines and doing a bunch of stuff, very knowledgeable and I think youtube would be a good help, but mainly just friends that know a lot, haven’t asked them nor told them my plans, just been tying to self educate before I get a parts list and set things in motion, thank y’all for reading.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2023, 04:34 AM   #2
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

if you want faster car you need to trade it for 335