Please visit one of the specific Bimmerpost sites above  

Go Back   BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #155
lambtron
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 336
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
http://www.iviewtube.com/videos/1637...17-fight-video

Last round of the fight. You can see Anderson has wrist control for well over 30 seconds with Chael never attempting to break his wrist free (which would be quite easy). Anderson controls his posture and throws a few strikes, Chael reacts, and Anderson throws his long ass legs over and adjusts his shin to lock in the triangle.
Chael got complacent at the end it seems. I'm sure he felt like he had that one in the bag - throughout the rest of the fight (rounds 1-4) if Anderson got a hold of his right wrist like that Chael would break free almost instantly. He probably didn't expect Silva to have the strength left in him to pull off a triangle.
__________________
lambtron is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #156
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Shows he lacks mental focus if he keeps getting submitted over and over. I mean wrist control is white belt level stuff. Posture control + wrist control = triangle or armbar. I guess he was trying to avoid getting hit by more elbows but good posture would have been better. It looks like at the 3:00 minute mark Anderson uses his hips/legs to break his posture and at the same time Anderson postured up and used his own momentum to bring him down. Right after this he puts his right foot on Chael's hip and sinks in the triangle. Which he setup perfectly with the elbow strikes.


I have to rewatch the entire fight again. Anderson was setting that up the entire fight though IIRC.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics

Last edited by OC 335i; 08-09-2010 at 11:17 AM.
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2010, 11:24 AM   #157
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
and sorry, that pic was linked to me but I found out it was from the Marquardt fight. Here's a pic from last night:
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #158
lambtron
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 336
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
and sorry, that pic was linked to me but I found out it was from the Marquardt fight. Here's a pic from last night:
that gash above his eye was pretty gnarly.
__________________
lambtron is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #159
escobar929
Brigadier General
 
escobar929's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

Posts: 4,257
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
i know what you guys are saying about Bones Jones being a LHW, but he doesnt cut a lot of weight to make 205, so it shouldnt be too hard for him to move down.

maybe im just dreaming cause that would be an incredible fight
escobar929 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #160
Daniel135i
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USAF Aviano Italy

Posts: 524
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
2005 SRT-4  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post

Demian Maia Submission (Triangle Choke)
Paulo Filho Submission (Armbar)
Jeremy Horn Submission (Armbar)
Renato Sobral Submission (Triangle Choke)
Jeremy Horn Submission (Guillotine Choke)
Keiichiro Yamamiya Decision (Majority)
Jeremy Horn TKO (Cut)
Scott Shipman Submission (Choke)
Forrest Griffin Submission (Triangle Choke)

As you can see he's been getting subbed his whole career.

Well, lets see here, hes a wrestler... wrestlers get submitted more than ko because they are in the positions to get submitted, they arent going to get submitted standing and throwing are they?

Matt Hughes must suck and have no mental focus because most of his fights he lost were submissions as well eh? And pretty much all other wrestlers I assume you think suck becasue they often times get more submission losses over Ko. Bogus reasoning...
Daniel135i is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #161
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel135i View Post
Well, lets see here, hes a wrestler... wrestlers get submitted more than ko because they are in the positions to get submitted, they arent going to get submitted standing and throwing are they?

Matt Hughes must suck and have no mental focus because most of his fights he lost were submissions as well eh? And pretty much all other wrestlers I assume you think suck becasue they often times get more submission losses over Ko. Bogus reasoning...
I wish you could argue this using better reason because "he's a wrestler." Let me spell it out for you a bit more clearly. He lacks mental focus because he gets submitted by the same move over and over making basic, low level white belt mistakes (see: wrist control). Matt Hughes has much better sub defense than Chael. I'm a big Hughes fan. Matt has lost 1 more match by sub rather than by anything else. When you look at Chael's record, it's primarily due to subs.

Look, Sonnen has lost to all top-level fighters other than Nate Marquardt. Nate almost had him in a guillotine.

For what it's worth, I respect Wrestlers dearly as I wrestled for several years. I respect Sonnen's wrestling abilities but he clearly needs to work on his ground game. Wrist control for 30 seconds? Poor posture? Leaving his arms out there all day long? Willing to fight in a Black Belt's guard instead of passing?

If you are going to try to argue, try to bring it a little bit better than trying equate anecdotal evidence comparing Matt Hughes to Sonnen and calling someone's opinion bogus.

Just curious do you have any grappling experience?
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2010, 01:39 PM   #162
Hedges
Major General
 
Hedges's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 C63 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 5,181
iTrader: (8)

Me and Chuck Liddell are close buds because he has a Sony HD 53" and I also have a Sony HD 53" in my basement! You foos are jealous!
Hedges is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #163
Daniel135i
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USAF Aviano Italy

Posts: 524
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
2005 SRT-4  [3.50]
Why are you trying to twist this into what I have or have not done, or are you that hung up on my life? I dont give two shits if you wrestled or not, I didnt ask, I dont care.

My point is valid, the fucking guy went 5 rounds going all out without a moment of idleness, shit, id like to see you do one round against Silva and not get tired, but let me guess, your going to tell us your wrestling in school, and the fact you met a fighter makes it so you could???

Your point was that hes lost to mostly submissions, my response was valid, and my example as well. While Hughes is a wrestler, he likes to bang, and he got caught 3-7 times with a ko, the wrest, submission. Most wrestlers who like to be on the ground are going to have more submission losses than KO numb nuts. Chael, hes a ground game guy and takes it there every time. No room to look elsewhere pal.

I dont even know why were discussing this, Im not even a fan of Chaels. I guess its that you have to make him look worse and not worthy because I called your precious a Bitch lol. Keep talking down the guy who handed Silva his ass though, the next time Silva fights, whoever it is, hes going on his ass again and its gona be a repeat. And I hope he has more punching power than Chael because if so, Silvas going to sleep, hell Chael dropped him with a weak sauz slap. The best wrestler in the world couldn't teach Silva enough to get his grappling in shape in time.
Daniel135i is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #164
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel135i View Post
Why are you trying to twist this into what I have or have not done, or are you that hung up on my life? I dont give two shits if you wrestled or not, I didnt ask, I dont care.

My point is valid, the fucking guy went 5 rounds going all out without a moment of idleness, shit, id like to see you do one round against Silva and not get tired, but let me guess, your going to tell us your wrestling in school, and the fact you met a fighter makes it so you could???

Your point was that hes lost to mostly submissions, my response was valid, and my example as well. While Hughes is a wrestler, he likes to bang, and he got caught 3-7 times with a ko, the wrest, submission. Most wrestlers who like to be on the ground are going to have more submission losses than KO numb nuts. Chael, hes a ground game guy and takes it there every time. No room to look elsewhere pal.

I dont even know why were discussing this, Im not even a fan of Chaels. I guess its that you have to make him look worse and not worthy because I called your precious a Bitch lol. Keep talking down the guy who handed Silva his ass though, the next time Silva fights, whoever it is, hes going on his ass again and its gona be a repeat. And I hope he has more punching power than Chael because if so, Silvas going to sleep, hell Chael dropped him with a weak sauz slap. The best wrestler in the world couldn't teach Silva enough to get his grappling in shape in time.
You have some issues man. My point was I don't have anything against Chael. I respect him as a fighter. Did I ever say I could go all 5 rounds? Where are you coming up with this shit man? You need some Ritalin or something dude. Calm the fuck down. I was merely pointing out I was a Wrestler since Sonnen was a Wrestler. Therefore as a fellow Wrestler, I respect him. I wasn't talking down on him like you stated. Stop making up shit because you don't know how to discuss things intelligently. LOL

Address the facts, instead of making up things and attacking me personally. I am over my quarrel with you man. Do you want to discuss things or just ethug all day long?

Wrist control for 30 seconds? Poor posture? Leaving his arms out there all day long? Willing to fight in a Black Belt's guard instead of passing?

Anderson Silva is not even close to being my favorite fighter. I just respect the guy (as well as all fighters).

How am I talking Chael down? LOL.

I don't see why you can't debate without getting all personal. I was asking if you had any grappling experience because you clearly don't know what you are talking about when you say he was countering or stopping sub attempts when there weren't many at all. Let's see, you don't have experience grappling in Wrestling or BJJ yet you automatically assume you know what you are talking about from watching a few UFCs. Yep, I've seen this before.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2010, 03:23 PM   #165
escobar929
Brigadier General
 
escobar929's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

Posts: 4,257
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
^why do you even bother man, im not gonna let it ruin what had been a great thread for months
escobar929 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #166
Hedges
Major General
 
Hedges's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 C63 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 5,181
iTrader: (8)

Lets just stop the bickering guys! We need a octagon so we can fight it out..... to prove their claim of being they are the king of the 'OFFICIAL UFC CHAT THREAD' OF THE WORLD!!!!!!
Hedges is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #167
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
 
Caddyshk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Z4MC Interlagos
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oak Ridges, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 1,910
iTrader: (0)

__________________
2006 Z4MC - #LL93158
SuperSprint Race Cans, RE X Pipe, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z Modified CDV, Ground Control Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, ZHP Shift Knob, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Caddyshk is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #168
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
^why do you even bother man, im not gonna let it ruin what had been a great thread for months

Well I attempted to be amicable; you guys are right though.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2010, 12:44 AM   #169
lacerdaschoon
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: SRT6
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brisbane

Posts: 47
iTrader: (0)

Now onto this fantastic card, i have to say what a great night of fights. From Struves ko, big country taking all that punishment(much respect) to Silvas phenomenal clutch sub in the the last 2minutes of a fight he was getting dominated in.

Sonnen did a great job he backed up all his smack talk and was able to use his superior wrestling skills and takedowns to control Silva and fight his game. As OC pointed out he has a horror history of getting subbed. That gif u put up of Silva in Half guard getting reversed was when i realized theres something wrong. I mean Silva is a tough guy and past that ive never seen Sonnen reverse anybody from that position period.

Sonnen had 23minutes of GnP but his face was more busted up from Silvas 30seconds of stand up. I was in complete shock when Silva got rocked in the first rd and looked as though he could have been finished on the ground. From 2nd rd onwards i knew Sonnen wouldnt finish him, 0 sub skill, he doesnt finish many guys with his GnP,he is relentless pushes a fast pace but unfortunately for him doesnt really have the ko power.

That triangle/arm bar vid you posted is fantastic, those guys break it down perfectly. Personaly id like to see Silva fight Belfort next. If Sonnen can win his next two fights a rematch would be well deserved.

Silva was exposed, Sonnen got to fight the fight HE wanted for 5 rounds and was still unable to win but you have to give credit to any man who can get a beat down for 23minutes and pull off a submission in the last 2minutes to win a tittle fight. Absolute legend and as Dana White said this was a defining moment in the legacy of Anderson Silva

Last edited by southlight; 08-10-2010 at 08:58 AM. Reason: removed first paragraph
lacerdaschoon is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2010, 01:10 AM   #170
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Did you hear Struve's post fight? He's gotta be careful, he takes a lot of damage. Guy is going to have brain damage at the rate he's going. What a come back though. He looked like he was a boy (albiet a 6'10 one) against a boy getting rag dolled like that.

I don't think Sonnen has finished anyone since 2007.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2010, 04:20 AM   #171
lacerdaschoon
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: SRT6
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brisbane

Posts: 47
iTrader: (0)

Heres some stats- Out of 8 UFC fights in his career he has won 4, all of which were won by decision. He has had 4 WEC fights and never finished anyone there either (sub/tko/ko) To his defence he has improved vastly as before the Silva fight he was 12-2in his MMA career. I guess thats always going to be his problem if u cant finish a fight your always leaving yourself out there to get subbed or ko'd. In his case subs are deffinately his weakness he has a great chin.

I cant wait for Couture Toney, be interesting to see how that plays out... well in a sense of what will happen before Couture gets a clinch or takedown. I think its wrap once he gets the takedown or clinch for that matter.
lacerdaschoon is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2010, 05:35 AM   #172
BMW86
Major General
 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 8,932
iTrader: (0)

I'm not sure if it has been said before already but I love the irony that Chael said at the Q&A that having a black belt in BJJ under the Nogeuria bro's is like getting a free toy in your happy meal and it was Silva's triangle choke that made him tap and get him the Win in the dying minutes.

I just watched the fight again, it was easier to watch the 2nd time as I know Silva wins I felt that although Sonnen did some damage with some good shots early on but he was never going to finish Silva with his G&P. He really wasn't doing enough damage and in the later rounds it was more about controlling the fight and maintaining top position.
BMW86 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2010, 07:17 AM   #173
escobar929
Brigadier General
 
escobar929's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

Posts: 4,257
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacerdaschoon View Post
I cant wait for Couture Toney, be interesting to see how that plays out... well in a sense of what will happen before Couture gets a clinch or takedown. I think its wrap once he gets the takedown or clinch for that matter.
I know man, thats gonna be awesome. I hope Randy throws him a beating
escobar929 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #174
san~man
Tired
 
san~man's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW-less
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 2,607
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel135i View Post

CHAEL SONNEN is the Mutha Fuggin KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel135i View Post
I dont even know why were discussing this, Im not even a fan of Chaels.
You sure should like a fan/fanboi to me
__________________
BMW-less
san~man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2010, 07:18 AM   #175
Dan135i
Banned
 
Drives: Vehicle
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The World

Posts: 76
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
You sure should like a fan/fanboi to me
What....

Happy he beat the shit out of Silva maybee,...
Dan135i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #176
BMW86
Major General
 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

Posts: 8,932
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan135i View Post
What....

Happy he beat the shit out of Silva maybee,...
Silva did what he had to do to get the Win and that's why I take my hat off to him. I also have respect for Sonnen for backing up his words but a Win on the record and walking away with the World Championship is a sweeter sensation than coming out with bragging rights for take downs and control of the fight.

Watch the fight again and you'll see that Sonnen if anything only fatigued and controlled Silva rather than beat the shit out of him. He did manage to rock Silva on his feet but by no means did he beat the 'shit out of Silva'. Silva was still dancing around on his feet at the start of every round.

Silva busted Sonnen's face open and made him bleed. He eventually caught him in a well executed text book perfect arm triangle which made him tap like a Like I said, I respect all fighters and Sonnen is the first person to show any dominance over Anderson Silva. I think this says something about the heart of both fighters.
BMW86 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
mma > boxing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST