Please visit one of the specific Bimmerpost sites above  

Go Back   BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-22-2012, 11:24 PM   #23
dcstep
Brigadier General
United_States
63

 
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado


Posts: 4,991
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryebread View Post
...

Since using the primes, my creativity, IQ, and bokeh have improved a good bit. So much that I haven't used the 16-35 much at all.
....
Strange indeed.

Dave
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 02:23 AM   #24
Rowdy
Second Lieutenant
3

 
Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hongcouver Canada


Posts: 243
iTrader: (1)

Love my 35L as well! the 50L too. mmmmmmm Primes!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #25
triton3k
Lieutenant
United_States
5

 
Drives: 2007 Acura TL Type-S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Bronx NYC


Posts: 553
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to triton3k Send a message via Yahoo to triton3k
I'm thinking of getting another 24-105 just for day to day shooting. if I do it'll be my 3rd time getting this lens. I have a love/hate relationship with it especially at night. lol
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #26
dcstep
Brigadier General
United_States
63

 
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado


Posts: 4,991
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton3k View Post
I'm thinking of getting another 24-105 just for day to day shooting. if I do it'll be my 3rd time getting this lens. I have a love/hate relationship with it especially at night. lol
What's to hate?

I don't know which body you're using, but I love mine at night with my 5D MkIII. The IS really gives some extra flexibility and don't be afraid to shoot at ISO 3200 and 6400.


Napoleon House by dcstep, on Flickr
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #27
triton3k
Lieutenant
United_States
5

 
Drives: 2007 Acura TL Type-S
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Bronx NYC


Posts: 553
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to triton3k Send a message via Yahoo to triton3k
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
What's to hate?

I don't know which body you're using, but I love mine at night with my 5D MkIII. The IS really gives some extra flexibility and don't be afraid to shoot at ISO 3200 and 6400.


Napoleon House by dcstep, on Flickr
I have a 5DMKIII as well and on 2 occasions I used it at events that went from mid day to the night and it just wasnt great at night for me. Could be since at that time I wasnt bumping the ISO that far up and since I was going from photo to video.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #28
Ryebread
Diesel Fitter
United_States
11

 
Ryebread's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d m-sport LMB
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Philaburbia


Posts: 401
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Try auto ISO with the mark iii
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #29
dcstep
Brigadier General
United_States
63

 
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado


Posts: 4,991
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton3k View Post
I have a 5DMKIII as well and on 2 occasions I used it at events that went from mid day to the night and it just wasnt great at night for me. Could be since at that time I wasnt bumping the ISO that far up and since I was going from photo to video.
Yeah, there's no hope without getting the ISO up. One way to go, as mentioned, is Auto ISO. I like Aperture preferred and then control SS with ISO and/or aperture. There are a number of options, but mainly keep an eye on the SS.

Dave
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST