F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 435i ordered.. some questions
GetBMWParts

04-23-2014, 08:19 PM   #1
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 MT, 2024 X3MC

435i ordered.. some questions

Hey guys/gals.. Yesterday I ordered my mineral gray 435i with a MT, Msport line, premium package, heated front seats, and HK sound.

Will my car have a standard alarm system? I didn't see the option on the order sheet (I would ask the dealer, but closed here in CA right now)

and... Am I missing any essential package? I'm more into performance than luxury..

I was told I have about a week to make any changes

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:11 PM   #2
diablo2112
2024 M440i GC (G26)
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i Gran Coupe

"Navigation". Also, this is the most mis-named package in the entire catalog. It's WAY more than navigation, and includes dozens of useful features and extra settings for the car. Well worth the $2150. You can safely exclude the Tech package for a grand more, it only adds the heads-up display; Nav gives you everything else in the tech package.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
ji99lypuff
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw 328xi

Agreed with the Nav. The advanced bluetooth allowing you to play music and make calls through the phone without any clunky wires is included in this package i believe. I dont think i could live without that after having experienced it.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:22 PM   #4
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ji99lypuff View Post
Agreed with the Nav. The advanced bluetooth allowing you to play music and make calls through the phone without any clunky wires is included in this package i believe. I dont think i could live without that after having experienced it.

Right on guys,,, thanks! will put this on the list.. Thought it was just nav
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:29 PM   #5
rickinaz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Quote:
I also have a 435i on order, but w/o the nav. Are you saying that making calls through my phone requires wires (clunky or otherwise)? Not fully Bluetooth? Please clarify. I've never heard of such a thing.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:31 PM   #6
diablo2112
2024 M440i GC (G26)
Rep

You won't regret adding "navigation". The list of added features is long. For example, you get an upgraded extended display in the instrument cluster, an upgraded and much larger high-def screen, tons of connection options including bluetooth audio streaming and Pandora, a 200GB hard drive with music and video storage on-board, BMW app integration including the ability to text your car from anywhere with phone and directions, sports displays (horsepower and torque), eco data (driving analysis and MPG charts), a nifty touch-based idrive controller, and just tons more stuff. I couldn't live without it, honestly. The new i-drive system is just stellar. Good job.

I should add one more possible option. M-Sport brakes. IMHO, this is the best value in the whole catalog. Can only be ordered if you're getting M-Sport, and it's a no brainer for an additional $650. You get bigger, fixed, 4 piston calipers up front (stock is smaller 4-piston floating), and 2-piston, fixed calipers in the rear (stock is 1-piston floating). On your 435i, the disks will be larger (and huge!). Finally, they powder coat the calipers a nice blue with M badging. Identical to the M Performance brakes that cost 3 grand, minus the slotted/drilled rotors. Really, the best $650 you can spend if you're getting M sport. Feel of these brakes is very linear and very, very good compared to stock.

Last edited by diablo2112; 04-23-2014 at 09:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:37 PM   #7
ji99lypuff
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickinaz View Post
I also have a 435i on order, but w/o the nav. Are you saying that making calls through my phone requires wires (clunky or otherwise)? Not fully Bluetooth? Please clarify. I've never heard of such a thing.
Edit: I see that 2014 models have bluetooth as part of standard features, so you WILL be able to make calls, i think just cables are needed to play music if you dont get the enhanced bluetooth which is part of the Navigation option. Sorry for any confusion !

Last edited by ji99lypuff; 04-23-2014 at 09:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:42 PM   #8
diablo2112
2024 M440i GC (G26)
Rep

Quote:
When building a 2014 328 i see that when you get the technology package it comes with Nav and enhanced blue tooth(the thing needed to make calls and play music without wires). So if you didnt get the tech pack which includes Nav i believe you dont get the enhanced BT either, so you can not even make calls but i believe can still play music if you get the y cables. Now im not sure how it is for the 435, maybe some options such as enhanced bluetooth are included but for the 328 i dont think it is.
No. The ONLY difference (for the USA) between "Navigation" and the "Technology Package" is the addition of the heads up display. ALL other features of the tech package are included with "Navigation" including BMW apps, BMW connectivity, and enhanced bluetooth. You will be able to stream and play music wirelessly with the Navigation option. I have 2 2014 BMWs: an F30 and an F31. One has Navigation, the other the Tech Package. They are 100% identical, minus the heads up display.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:46 PM   #9
ji99lypuff
Lieutenant
Rep

Yea i was confused about that whole package as well. I have Nav with the enhanced bluetooth but NO heads up display on my 2014. That's why i edited my post earlier, didnt want to confuse him with my wrong info. Thanks for the clarification
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 10:29 PM   #10
bwaltz
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 435i MSport 6MT MPPK MPE

Mine has all of the above plus the technology package AND the extra cameras. I wouldn't do without either. The heads up display is actually very handy. I originally thought it would be a waste but after having it, I'd never go back. And the front spoiler sets very low -- low enough that it will hit the face of a curb if you pull in too far. And with the way the hood is shaped, it isn't easy to tell exactly where the front of the car is w/o the cameras. Way cheaper than replacing a spoiler. I have about 7K miles on mine now and I can confidently say I would have kissed a curb or parking block at least once or twice by now w/o the cameras.

BTW, you're gonna love the car. Awesome machine.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 10:30 PM   #11
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo2112 View Post
You won't regret adding "navigation". The list of added features is long. For example, you get an upgraded extended display in the instrument cluster, an upgraded and much larger high-def screen, tons of connection options including bluetooth audio streaming and Pandora, a 200GB hard drive with music and video storage on-board, BMW app integration including the ability to text your car from anywhere with phone and directions, sports displays (horsepower and torque), eco data (driving analysis and MPG charts), a nifty touch-based idrive controller, and just tons more stuff. I couldn't live without it, honestly. The new i-drive system is just stellar. Good job.

I should add one more possible option. M-Sport brakes. IMHO, this is the best value in the whole catalog. Can only be ordered if you're getting M-Sport, and it's a no brainer for an additional $650. You get bigger, fixed, 4 piston calipers up front (stock is smaller 4-piston floating), and 2-piston, fixed calipers in the rear (stock is 1-piston floating). On your 435i, the disks will be larger (and huge!). Finally, they powder coat the calipers a nice blue with M badging. Identical to the M Performance brakes that cost 3 grand, minus the slotted/drilled rotors. Really, the best $650 you can spend if you're getting M sport. Feel of these brakes is very linear and very, very good compared to stock.
Great thanks.. M-sport brakes added first thing tomorrow morning.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 10:32 PM   #12
bwaltz
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
Great thanks.. M-sport brakes added first thing tomorrow morning.
I forgot to mention, I did the brakes too. Good move.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 10:32 PM   #13
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaltz View Post
Mine has all of the above plus the technology package AND the extra cameras. I wouldn't do without either. The heads up display is actually very handy. I originally thought it would be a waste but after having it, I'd never go back. And the front spoiler sets very low -- low enough that it will hit the face of a curb if you pull in too far. And with the way the hood is shaped, it isn't easy to tell exactly where the front of the car is w/o the cameras. Way cheaper than replacing a spoiler. I have about 7K miles on mine now and I can confidently say I would have kissed a curb or parking block at least once or twice by now w/o the cameras.

BTW, you're gonna love the car. Awesome machine.
I can't wait.. Dealer says 3 months.. hoping I get lucky and it arrives sooner.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 10:39 PM   #14
bwaltz
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
I can't wait.. Dealer says 3 months.. hoping I get lucky and it arrives sooner.
Be sure and check out the threads on how to track your car. It adds to the fun. It takes about two weeks to build, and then another week or so in port. I watched mine leave England (GPS), get delayed in route so they could rescue a distressed sailor, then watched it reappear off the coast near Baltimore. Tracked it to SC. A real hoot.
Appreciate 0