R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread

04-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #1
1stm3f80
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 ///M3

Sport and Sport+

Hope this is not a dumb question. I did not order the adaptive M is there still a sport and sport + option. From reading the article on the engine deep dive the exhaust is louder with sport + do I lose this without the adaptive option?? Many thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
BlackCobra08
King Cobra
Rep
Drives: incoming GTS 4.0

I believe there's multiple area's other than just the adaptive M suspension where you can make this adjustment. It's in the iDrive system for settings that use eco, sport, sport+ such as steering, throttle response, and if using the DCT it shifts quicker, holds higher revs, etc. in sport+.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:53 PM   #3
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCobra08 View Post
I believe there's multiple area's other than just the adaptive M suspension where you can make this adjustment. It's in the iDrive system for settings that use eco, sport, sport+ such as steering, throttle response, and if using the DCT it shifts quicker, holds higher revs, etc. in sport+.
No, it's not on idrive.

Look at the buttons around the shifter. There are selections for engine, steering, transmission and suspension. If you don't get the adjustable suspension, you simply don't get the suspension button. Simply gone. There are some shots of this configuration around the board.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #4
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stm3f80 View Post
Hope this is not a dumb question. I did not order the adaptive M is there still a sport and sport + option. From reading the article on the engine deep dive the exhaust is louder with sport + do I lose this without the adaptive option?? Many thanks.
The suspension and engine adjustments have nothing to do with one another. It's just like how you still get dual zone climate control even if you don't order the Harman Kardon stereo. So every F8x has the three engine modes regardless of whether you order the adaptive suspension or not.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread